return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Quick Allen & Heath Xone 92 review
View this Thread in Original format
jakes
Being a former Xone 62 user, I am very happy with the improvements that A&H has made with the release of the 92. Quickly, IMO the notable differences are...

-Dual filters, ability to customize settings for filters on each side of the x-fader rather than one global setting like on the xone 62.

-Cue system, improved cue system with ability to mix the pgm and main mix channels in the headphones, cue a pre or post EQ signal, and split cue.

-More outs, 2 main mix outs (1/4" and XLR), a booth out, and record out.

-Crossfader curve control, ability to control the curve on the crossfader exactly with a knob, rather than having a limited number of presets to choose from.

-Thickness, the mixer is now about exactly as thick as a technics turntable, making it easier to drop into a custom recessed table, etc.

-Aesthetic changes, line faders more DJ friendly (no longer studio style), crossfader slightly thicker, filter on/off buttons activate on first touch (no longer click into position), cue buttons activate on first touch (no longer click into position), gain knobs rise up higher than other EQ knobs, ROTARY volume control optional as well!

The only change that I didn't like was the crowding of the EQ section. The bass/mid2/mid1/treb knobs are closer together than they were on the 62, and I find tweaking knobs that are adjacent to one another vertically is harder to do. Sometimes my fingers bump into eachother.. I wish this section had been spread out a bit more.

Other than the one complaint, I think the mixer is really a perfect piece. The sound quality blows away the popular Pioneer DJM mixers out there, and A&H has done a very good job at making the Xone 92 much more DJ friendly than the previous Xone 62. If you haven't put your hands on one I recommend trying it.. you won't go back!
Rememberence_
*drool* the 92 is as sexy as they come... I'm dying to use one.

/me hugs his xone:32
Dirk W.
What do yall think about the 464 and how does this compare with the 92? I have no idea about any Allen & Heath mixers. Thinking about buying a third mixer right now and selling one of the other two....
hooj1
I've got a 464 and love it to death. I had a choice between the 92 and the 464. I went with the 464 because it has plenty of outs and ins, which is important because I have a studio full of gear, and I also had no need for midi on a mixer.
chesco
I got a xone 92 last week and I must say, now that i'm starting to get used to everything on the mixer - it is absolutely brilliant.

As you say the gain contols are a bit to close for comfort, but once you get used to them it's all good.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement