return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Help with some nice speakers
View this Thread in Original format
DJDREO
Hello I want to purchase new speakers but my budget is 140(or 160). Im ok buying one at a time and i dont need them for big events. Just for personal use in my room and house partys. While you are it...can you recommend any amplifiers...Less then 140 also..something nice for room and house partys. FINNALY lol a nice mixer for less then 140.

Thank you
PVD & T[]C
Sorry DJDREO that im just feeding off your thread but i too need some speakers. currently im just a bedroom DJ and i mix with my headphones, cause i dont have speakers. i want some that are decent but i dont have much money to spend. anyone have any recommendations on waht to buy or where to buy. thanks a bunch.
DJDREO
I know what you mean man. Well if you have no speakers connect your mixer to your computer. As for speakers. I went to my step fathers cousin DJ shop and bought a Gem sound speaker. Now its not THE BEST but more then enough for my room. I bought it for 110 and I want to buy the 2nd one just for house partys:)
bokus
Check out a radio shack some time's they have odd deals on random . I found 2 10" for 50 a pop and they are working out very nice at the moment and i've had them for 4 months so far.
PVD & T[]C
Yeah... for house parties, i have a solution for me. now, assuming my friend stops being a choch bag and maybe i can convince his G/F i can DJ at his house and we can have a party. He has 4 REALLY BIG home theatre speakers. i have hooked up my stuff to them before and its real nice too. i might have to check out radio shack. im like.... 3 blocks away from one
DJDREO
quote:
Originally posted by PVD & T[]C
Yeah... for house parties, i have a solution for me. now, assuming my friend stops being a choch bag and maybe i can convince his G/F i can DJ at his house and we can have a party. He has 4 REALLY BIG home theatre speakers. i have hooked up my stuff to them before and its real nice too. i might have to check out radio shack. im like.... 3 blocks away from one

Home system speakers are nice but becuase of the Bass you might them up. specially since your gonna have the music loud as hell. I suggest them for bedroom practice. But if the reciever not DJ use and the speakers are home you might have to pay that girl back for ing up her speakers lol. Good luck though;)
DjArTiN!
If I were you I would buy Gemini speakers. They're really inexpensive and they great power for what you're looking for. They're not the BEST, but the best in your category.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement