return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Alien vs. Predator - Movie Review
View this Thread in Original format
Cyrus King
SPOILER ALERT

I just watched this. It was a well made action film and the story was really great... however i couldnt help but laugh a bit when the woman teamed up with the predetor at the end. The whole theatre kind of laughed in shock.. they couldnt beleive how ridiculous it was.

I really liked the fusion of myth and ancient history and the intracacies of the pyramid and the idea of a sacrificial chamber.

It added alot of mysticism to the film

Aside from that.. the movie was actually pretty good..the aliens were well made.. expescially how their lips vibrated every time they hissed.

However, the predetors were not captured as stealth like as it was in the first predator movie. Sure they had cool weapons and cool moves and stuff... but the aura of the predator that was captured in the first film.. the lethal mystery of it, was kinda disposed of near the end when it decided to join forces with the woman and battle the mother alien.

paul andernson and Fox should re-evaluate their cheeze factor and make sure not to jeapadize a cool franchase with little things like this.

But if you are an alien/predetor fan.. do make a point of seeing it

Plot= 9.5
Script= 5
Action=10

Overall= 8/10
chojin
cool. that doesn't surprise me that they team up, it's what happened in the original avp comic.

glad to see it got a good review though will make a point of seeing it for sure :)
AnotherWay83
yeah, liked it too. everybody here also found it funny when the predator and woman teamed up lol...but i guess they were just sticking to the original story
Chris d(-_-)b
Can't wait to see the movie!
TigerClaw
What about the fact it was PG-13?, Cause of that, You won't see any of the blood and gore that was in the previous movies.
rsxtypes
blah pg-13, im gonna see it anyways.
yujie__
kind of weak and short for a action movie. also aliens arent as scary as they used to be but they kick ass and get kick also. was less than what i was expecting :mad: :mad:
SportTrance
even tho i was dragged into seein it, overall the movie was decent..... Only thing I really couldnt stand was the woman....immediately, I got tired of her high horse witty personality....

see, unfortunately the story takes place inside the earth, and her skills as a mountain climber/snow bunny became useless the first minute the movie really started.....

yet she's still somehow the logical thinker, decision maker, blah blah.....not the archeologist (who seemed to know everything), not the diggers, not the scientists, not the millionare who setup the whole mission, but her.....

imo, the second they found out that the giant hole was already dug, and that all they had to do was slide down, they shoulda left her....
pyro
i thought the story/acting/predator & human team up was all horrible. the last predator that was alive did some decent fighting but thats about it, the rest died to fast. short movie with not enough fighting. 3/10
jesten
I thought this was going to be a good movie but I thought it sucked. The effects were cool but that was about it. It was just super cheezy, half the theater was laughing being the movie was so bad.

3/10
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement