return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Gemini PS 626i users
View this Thread in Original format
djsphere
Any reviews? Quality, durability, etc...
basd
I've had one for almost two years now..

On the plus side:
- It is very good value for money, I don't think you could get a better 3-channel mixer for that amount of money
- Durability is fine, mine still works as if it were new (I haven't used it on a day to day basis for those two years, but often enough to say it lasts fine)

On the down side:
- The EQ isn't that good compared to other mixers I have used (which aren't that many by the way), for example, the bass cuts away too much of the mid as well

Can't say too much about the audio output quality, obviously is isn't perfect (what do you expect for that price..) but it's good enough for my crappy speakers. Note that I'm not that much of an audiophile.
djsphere
quote:
Originally posted by basd
I've had one for almost two years now..

On the plus side:
- It is very good value for money, I don't think you could get a better 3-channel mixer for that amount of money
- Durability is fine, mine still works as if it were new (I haven't used it on a day to day basis for those two years, but often enough to say it lasts fine)

On the down side:
- The EQ isn't that good compared to other mixers I have used (which aren't that many by the way), for example, the bass cuts away too much of the mid as well

Can't say too much about the audio output quality, obviously is isn't perfect (what do you expect for that price..) but it's good enough for my crappy speakers. Note that I'm not that much of an audiophile.

Thanks for the infos.:) Do u use cds or vinyl with it?
basd
Strictly vinyl.. Although I want to add a CDJ some time, but I haven't got the cash for it at the moment.
djsphere
So, it would be a good choise to learn on for a beginer?
WeasiL
I don't think I can honestly recommend anything from gemini. Even as a beginner mixer I think you will get to a point where you will be held back by it. I have heard that some of the cheaper vestax and behringer mixers arent bad to learn on.
AndskiSpeed
Get it get it! its good value for money, although i've only had it for 2 weeks, i really like it, the EQs aren't the best but for a £100ish pound mixer u can't expect much, build quality seems good, faders seem ok, not sure about the xfader though!

Just a warning, on djstore.co.uk or decks.co.uk (not sure which) there were a couple of reviews saying the faders have gone after about 8 months, so you might want to look into that

Overall I think its a mint mixer for a beginner and a decent price for what you're getting
YellowG555
I started off with that mixer and it's, well, okay. I'd save my money for a better mixer though, like the Vestax PCV-275 which would run you about $400 new. So for another $200 you can have a far superior mixer and not worry about quality and longevity issues.
[UK]Trancedewdİ
ive got a gemini ps540i which is pretty much the same thing but with one less channel.

ive had it for 7 months, and its started dieing over the past month or two. my xfader/upfaders are still fine but the master volume/cue volume/cue control knobs have started crackling a bit when i turn them. the EQs are also still fine.

Overall the sound quality is , but the mixer is good for begginers - as ive learned to mix quite well with it.

I dont think it will last much longer though :(
Ken_Allen
Get the DJX700...I have one and Its been VERY good...I don't like the people who say it sucks, because it doesn't. It's a fine 5 channel mixer and does everything you need it to do, except the bpm counters which you shouldn't use anyways :P. Most people have used that mixer once and didn't have time to learn on it and still complain about it. :cool:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement