return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Learning how to play
View this Thread in Original format
Zain
I have a Midi controller but i dont know how to play melodies. Can i teach myself this? Did everyone using keyboards knew how to use a piano prior to learning eletronic music production?

Thanks.
BetaFactory
Piano lessons is of course not necessary. If you have problems coming up with own melodies than sound trancey, you should rather just listen to various trance tracks and study their melodies. There's nothing more you can do...
steelmeister
I learned to make music by studing other midi files and other songs build ups

Try one of my midis if u have sequencer program and watch the build up

Groove Coverage - 7 Years And 50 Days [Cascada vs. Plazmate Remix]
http://www.geocities.com/technopatia/Midi.mid
Synergie
Just import some MIDI file in your sequencer and check the melodies!
http://midi.johnsteenbergen.com/
Subtle
www.earmaster.com

try that..!
Zain
hey, thanks alot for the great responses!
Zain
i forgot to ask... How do i check this a midi out in reason after i import it?
Limit
are u a girl? and if so thats awsome to see girls in teh production scene....I don't see many and its nice to more and more getting into the scene...I never really knew why there were so little? Anyway if that is you in the pic your pretty damn hot...but besides that to answer your question, You don't have to know how to play the piano to make music. It does make it easier but I have no formal training and I'm able to pump out some nice melodies. It did take a long while to learn though. The best way for me was to learn how every key sounds and then you are able to take whats in your head and playit out on the keys. It does take time to. Also try learning teh notes so you are able to make some sort of tangible thought when you are playing.
Vizay
as people just have said, of course you don't need to know how to play it. :)

all you need is a bunch of tracks you like and some time to play around.

first listen to all kinds of tracks and try to think more about the melodys and how they are built, when youre done listening just sit down and play around, don't be afraid that it will sound like because that's inevitable ;)

when youv'e been playing around for a while you'll probably find somewhat of a pattern to follow, some tones fit together better than others and so on :)
Sirocco
quote:
Originally posted by Limit
are u a girl? and if so thats awsome to see girls in teh production scene....I don't see many and its nice to more and more getting into the scene...I never really knew why there were so little? Anyway if that is you in the pic your pretty damn hot...but besides that to answer your question, You don't have to know how to play the piano to make music. It does make it easier but I have no formal training and I'm able to pump out some nice melodies. It did take a long while to learn though. The best way for me was to learn how every key sounds and then you are able to take whats in your head and playit out on the keys. It does take time to. Also try learning teh notes so you are able to make some sort of tangible thought when you are playing.

im not sure sure with the name Zain, but it oculd be pronounced "za-een" which would be a diff story

Zain
Ok thanks guys, and i am not a super hot girl like my avatar but a young man. Although, i have noticed that when guys think you are a girl they are much more helpful.... net sex anyone?
Limit
aw man I feel used....lol...u dirty man whore. Dude i would have helped u anyway. Whose the chick in the avatar?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement