return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Watch Oprah today Sep 28!
View this Thread in Original format
Excite
Its about ecstasy. They invited my friend Jennifer. She's a party kid who used to roll a lot.

I wonder what they're going to say about raves.
I can imagine it now "that rave music is evil!"

The show is nationally televised in the US on ABC. Over here it comes on at 4:00.
twilochik
Ugh!! I turned it on and watched no joke like 2 mins of it and it was basically the typical overblown outta control use that the media portrays! I'm not all about drug use...I'm a mom for those of you who don't know....I'm 21 and I still go out and dance....and I used to do xtc a lot before I was a mom...and out of all the drugs I've seen people consume in a club...and I've seen a bunch...xtc has got to be the far safest! on the oprah show they showed people...adults...not rave kids..puking bc of the xtc...I've puked off of it lots of times...its bc your central nervous system gets soo flooded with all these signals...the lights...touch...even dancing...1/2 a pill used to make my stomach turn....so it's not a supposed drug overdose which is what they make it look like...not to mention that its a mental thing too...if u get a queasy feeling and you keep focusing on it you'll puke no doubt! The media always makes xtc use seem like its the killer of these club/rave kids....but what they dont want to report is that its usually G, K, Coke, mixed with the infmaous xtc that usually takes the kids to the hospital! Xtc can burn you out...make u depressed after prolonged use...it happened to me...but its not physically addictive like coke or heroine...or even caffeine of niccotine for Gods sake! It doesnt make you mean...people dont steal to support their xtc use...unlike people breaking into vets offices for k....xtc use with the majority of the population is a social use...i dont know of anyone who pops a hit to go to work...or to unwind from work....but ive known people to do a line of coke just to walk their dogs! XTC is picked on bc its got a "cute" name....its marketable to the masses of parents who think this is a horrible designer drug! No one reports on the incidences of g users...nor k users who fell down in clubs...ive seen kids on g...lips blue being pulled out of clubs... If my daughter went to a club it wouldnt scare me if she did a hit of xtc...what would scare me is the k, g and other stuff. That's my 2 cents!
Lost
wuttup twilochik. nice two cents there. i agree that it's the other drugs abused at clubs that causes a majority of the problems rather than xtc itself. i agree that puking is not due to an overdose of xtc. but it does have to do with the effects of increased levels of serotonin on 5-HT receptors in the stomach and chemoreceptor trigger zone in the central nervous system. that's why there is also a moderate incidence (~20%) of nausea and vomiting in people that take serotonin-selective reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as prozac, zoloft, celexa, or paxil. i wish i knew the exact mechanism so i could be more clear. if you really want to know then let me know and i'll ask the oncology pharmacist about it. peace!!!

lost
Vivid Boy
err no offence guys and all...but ihave done xtc enuff times...and for some reason before popping that pill i my pants every time...thinking this could be my last time =/...its an awesome rush and nothing has ever happened to me but after a while u see the buzz does not seem to how do i say safe...i dunno..i know G is alot worse i dont think K is as bad...but still ive never really trusted e theres something about it...but thats just me
Eugene
Never in your life will you ever see Oprah talk about something positive or take a positive stand on something controversial.

Every time she talks about males, it's about sexual abuse.
Every time she talks about sex, it's about violence and abuse.
Every time she talks about blacks, it's about racism.
Every time she talks about teens, it's about pregnancies/drugs/abuse.

Oprah, you're like 45-50 years old, and you are so narrow-minded and stupid!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Izzy
im watching it now, what a bunch of bull, hey i've done E once a year ago, im not big into the drugs, and honestly they arent good for you BUT what they are saying on that show is a bunch of kaka. man instead of teaching the truth they use the lame scare tactic. they showed this one chick thats been on many drugs and they showed her brain mass as opposed to a average one... shockingly she did have a huge difference - holes and smaller mass in general, but honestly knowing how MDMA works, what i saw was more like the work of LSD or other hard drugs, plus who knows she may have been doing cocktails, yet they blame it on her E use... i dare them to anaylize an occasional user (like 6-8 hits a year). why cant "real" studies be done?
twilochik
i agree completely with you guys!! I'm not miss drug usa...I think no drugs are better then taking drugs...but I by far think xtc is the least harmful...vivid boy...maybe the reason you get so freaked out everytime you take it is b/c subconsciously you've bought into the media hype surronding this drug...or maybe its bc your not trusting who you are buying it from....or maybe you haven't done enuff reading up on xtc to know what is truth and what is fact....if you dont do any of those things i highly suggest you do....and if you still get freaked out about taking I would suggest you stop altogeher
Excite
OMG! this show is a bunch of biased cheese! They couldn't get a real doctor to come on the show so they got that lameass internist Singla. He honestly said "one pill can do you in!Any dose can be a lethal dose." What a load of !

That drug-free american commercial they played. They could have easyily been describing alcohol. And the people they're interviewing, they're almost all E-tards. They make ecstasy look like cocaine or heroin.
DJ_Shockwav
oh man... don't get me started on the media and E...
i could write a whole essay about that topic
i've taken quite my share of pills, and so far all of them have been good experiences
it's those who mix drugs, don't know their limits, or those who don't know what they're doing and don't know how to take care of themselves that give XTC a bad name...
it's just sad...
some words of wisdom from me...
there's a thin line between use and abuse, know your limits
do drugs, don't let them do you
stay educated
twilochik
wurd shockwav

Eugene
quote:
Originally posted by twilochik
wurd shockwav

what is "wurd"? :conf:
DJ_Shockwav
quote:
Originally posted by Eugene

what is "wurd"? :conf:

word (wűrd)
n.
1. A sound or a combination of sounds, or its representation in writing or printing, that symbolizes and communicates a meaning and may consist of a single morpheme or of a combination of morphemes.
2. Something said; an utterance, remark, or comment: May I say a word about that?
3. Computer Science. A set of bits constituting the smallest unit of addressable memory.
4. words Discourse or talk; speech: Actions speak louder than words.
5. words Music. The text of a vocal composition; lyrics.
6. An assurance or promise; sworn intention: She has kept her word.
a. A command or direction; an order: gave the word to retreat.
b. A verbal signal; a password or watchword.
a. News: Any word on your promotion? See Synonyms at news.
b. Rumor: Word has it they're divorcing.
9. words Hostile or angry remarks made back and forth.
10. Used euphemistically in combination with the initial letter of a term that is considered offensive or taboo or that one does not want to utter: “Although economists here will not call it a recession yet, the dreaded ‘R’ word is beginning to pop up in the media” (Francine S. Kiefer).
11. Word
a. See Logos.
b. The Scriptures; the Bible.

tr.v. word·ed, word·ing, words
To express in words: worded the petition carefully.

interj.
Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement