return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Hard drive, where to buy...
View this Thread in Original format
ierxium
I'm in need of an additional hard drive. Any thoughts of where I can get the best quality drive for a reasonable price?

Is it possible to just throw my PC to the car and drive to some store(in L.A.) so they can do all the work? School needs all my attention and dealing with technical stuff right now is not good for me. Any help? :conf:
jonze234
im pretty sure that best buy does this kind of stuff but theres probably somewhere better.
xKaoSx
quote:
Originally posted by ierxium
I'm in need of an additional hard drive. Any thoughts of where I can get the best quality drive for a reasonable price?

Is it possible to just throw my PC to the car and drive to some store(in L.A.) so they can do all the work? School needs all my attention and dealing with technical stuff right now is not good for me. Any help? :conf:

Ugh Best Buy will rape you-

It's not that hard- just buy one and put it in- format-
Most you'll have to do is move the jumper to SLAVE-

If you have Fry's local i would suggest there- if you're not in a big hurry you can find good deals at www.slickdeals.net or www.fatwallet.com for mail order drives.

Or find a small mom and pop shop to do it- prob charge you $20 to just put it in and format it.
born2trance
never go to best buy, they gouge u on the GDD's

i HIGHLY recommend maxtor, and get it online, u'll find it much cheaper (newegg.com, pricewatch.com)

i got 2- 200GB maxtors for $120 each, rebated. also found an 80 and 20GB for round $50 and $30... all ata-133, 7200rpm 8mb
ierxium
I guess I'll try Fry's since I'm not in a big hurry. Unfortunately, buying online is not an option for me. At least for the moment, and that sucks because online one usually finds some of the best deals. I'll see what happens. Thanks for the help.
Hg-203
Yeah Fry's is the best place in SoCal to get a HD, but on the install you should do it your self, it shouldn't take you more then 3 hours (with an OS install, or 10-12 min if its just a expantion to your current size.
ierxium
quote:
Originally posted by Hg-203
Yeah Fry's is the best place in SoCal to get a HD, but on the install you should do it your self, it shouldn't take you more then 3 hours (with an OS install, or 10-12 min if its just a expantion to your current size.

I just bought a Maxtor 160GB(ATA/133, 8MB, 7200 RPM) at the local Fry's. About the installation: I didn't want to do it by myself but when I was told at the store that they were going to charge me $45.00 I was left with no choice. :( Wasn't even offered a discount for buying the drive there. Oh well. All is good. :)
DiMethGuy
http://www.pricewatch.com

all u need mate
La5eR
If i had to rank HDD brands and metaphorically name them after cars then here ya go.
Seagate:Lamborgihni(sp)
Maxtor:Porsche
Western Digital:ed Over Rebuilt Dodge(FORD)
Floorfiller
quote:
Originally posted by La5eR
If i had to rank HDD brands and metaphorically name them after cars then here ya go.

sweet...i'm cruising in my lamborgihni!!!!

ierxium
quote:
Originally posted by La5eR

So I'm supposed to change my Porsche for a Lamborgihni? That could be more expensive? :conf:
-=M=-
ebay.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement