return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Save Yourself So You Can Keep Posting on TA, Turn Down Teh Bass!
View this Thread in Original format
Ek0nomik
[ x ]

This obviously isn't happening left and right everywhere you go, but it's still pretty interesting. I usually keep my bass on the near default level, usually just a bit higher, but I do know of some friends that have sound systems in their car with the bass pretty damn high.
SportTrance
huh
D-res
thats mess up, but if it wont stop me from pumping up my trance music.
Ek0nomik
quote:
Originally posted by SportTrance
huh

Click teh link? :D
Synapse1337
I'd have to agree with you on that. I have a system in my car and I push the bass at least 3/4 up. Of course the treble is up just as high roughly. Needless to say, I'm going deaf from this. People have to repeat stuff all the time for me :( . So, keep it at a normal level!

Im regards to the link, I find that interesting that a lung can collapse. That just sounds like a stretch, but maybe that's just me
mndeg
higher mass means you cant hear the mids and highs
worthless unless you listen to rap and dont really care about whats going on
Clovis86
Wear a bullet proof vest at your next concert?
DragonsEmerald
After being paranoid that bass hurts the ears and then finding out low frequencies don't have anything to do with hearing loss, I have to worry about my lungs collapsing! :eek:
Ek0nomik
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis86
Wear a bullet proof vest at your next concert?

We need sound vests. :/
Zombie0915
Wish they would have mentioned how much vibration it takes for a lung to break in this way. Some measure or number or something would have been very helpful. I imagine that trance beats dont do it that much cuz im a tall skinny smoker and many a time have been puched up against a speaker at large places and never felt anything. Although I wasn't always of sound mind when it happened. I imagine a bit of muscle mass on the chest would keep it from happening, that and not sitting againt speakers rubbing each other, wouldnt that be an unpleasant thing to feel during the peak of a performance, eek.zzzz

Synapse1337
quote:
Originally posted by mndeg
higher mass means you cant hear the mids and highs
worthless unless you listen to rap and dont really care about whats going on

I'd agree with you on that except that some people also have tweeders installed along with custom speakers to take care of the mids...
Dmatrox
quote:
Often, an underlying lung disease or chest injury is the culprit in pneumothorax. But so-called primary spontaneous pneumothorax happens in the absence of an underlying disease, typically striking tall, thin, male smokers.

well, nothing for me to worry about then ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement