return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Serious Computer Prob from Hurricane Francis!!!!!
View this Thread in Original format
Shook1
F**king B**ch Hurricane !!!:whip: :whip: :whip:

I lost power for like 3 days because of this Hurricane & now that the power is back on my computer will not power up at all!!! I had it hooked up to a surge protector, but unfortunately, I didnt unplug the computer from the surge protector while the power was out. I tried hooking the computer up to other sockets in my house but no response.

Is this permanent damage?!?!? Am I going to lose everything on my HD or possibly the whole computer itself ?!?!? What could be some of the things wrong with it ??? Has any1 else has this sort of prob???

Sorry to ask so much of you guys, but this suuuuuuuuucks!!!! :whip: :whip:

Thanks in Advance.....

Shook
_Nut_
If you are lucky, it may just be the motherboard that got fried, or even a bad power supply. If you have a second computer, get your hard drives from your original CPU and hook them up to see if your other computer recognizes it. If it does then you will only have to replace other things than your valued HD
DJ_Bod
did you reset the fuse on the surge protector? Did you plug that into other outlets, or just the compy?

those are my best ideas, but I'm only working on 2 hours of sleep ATM.

And how did you post w/o a comp? ;)
Falcon-X
something similar happened to me when my dumbass friend unpluged my running computer... well it was actually only the motherboard that was fried. So try replacing that and the rest will be ok. I really doubt your HD is damaged.
Shook1
I havent reset the surge yet, but I have plugged other things into it and they work fine. As said before, I have also tried plugging the cpu into other sockets in my house but still no power up.

I dont have another computer to test the HD :(

quote:

And how did you post w/o a comp?

heh....I'm at school
DJ Tom
Check your powersource
Shook1
Well, just went home for my break (from work) and the computer tech left a message on my machine explaining that my power supply is dead, my HD.....gone, my video card .....gone, my cpu .....shot to hell !!!!!:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: Wow! what a weekend......

Oh yeah.....

F!CK YOU HURRICANE "Bastard" FRANCES!!!!!!!!
SID133
suxs dude same thing happened to me during a tornado back home
lightning hit the tranceformer and ed all my up
ShadoWolf
quote:
Originally posted by Shook1
Well, just went home for my break (from work) and the computer tech left a message on my machine explaining that my power supply is dead, my HD.....gone, my video card .....gone, my cpu .....shot to hell !!!!!:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: Wow! what a weekend......

Oh yeah.....

F!CK YOU HURRICANE "Bastard" FRANCES!!!!!!!!

get a second opinion regarding the hard drive

the value of the comp should be covered by your house insurance
Shook1
what sucks about the HD is that I produce hiphop (yeah, yeah, yeah, i know....) and of all my percussion samples and programs for my MPC are GONE !!!!! Years of digging & tweaking down the toilet !!!! Horrible!

igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by Shook1
what sucks about the HD is that I produce hiphop (yeah, yeah, yeah, i know....) and of all my percussion samples and programs for my MPC are GONE !!!!! Years of digging & tweaking down the toilet !!!! Horrible!

Sorry to say but it usually takes a catastrophic loss like this to convince someone to backup their data.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement