return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Native Traktor DJ Studio
View this Thread in Original format
Mwd
Thoughts on this product? Future of Dj'ing? Like it hate it? Like something better?
dj chex
Not the future of club djing, maybe for mobile, like it, but i really like my 1200s, empath, dmp555, ineko, axis9 better. It's a nice add on in place of cd decks if you got a laptop, mixer, and 4ch soundcard, but it's still not as good as real gear. BTW, if your getting started, save your money for a 1200 and mixer. It's very important to learn to beatmix by ear; not gear.
amdmaxx
software wise its best..
pcdj fx is next best

quote:
Originally posted by Mwd
Thoughts on this product? Future of Dj'ing? Like it hate it? Like something better?
abnorm
It's a really fun piece of software to play around with at home or perhaps broadcast live for online radio, but I wouldn't use it at clubs. I think when you're DJing at a club you should have your attention on the crowd and interracting with your DJ equipment instead of looking at the monitor. It makes a DJ look isolated I think.
Rockabye
you can use an external mixer and than you don't have to look at the monitor.
tvmann
It's a great program. I use it with an external digital controller that works exactly like a regular mixer, so I don't have to look at the screen all the time and I can check out what is happening on the floor.

I live in a small city that has horrible music in the clubs, just random top 40 played from CDs. A guy like me with Traktor and a load of excellent house and trance is a huge step upwards from that, and I can give the vinyl DJs (if they were here) a good battle. But yes, if they were here they would look cooler.

Traktor and Final Scratch are being merged into one product that will be released in a few months.
MERiDiAN5i2
As far as software mixing programs go, traktor owns it.

If your gonna get serious with Traktor, consider an external mixer and a midi-pad to control it with. Keyboards and Mice get annoying when your playing!

It makes a really nice addition to two turntables. allows you to drop CDs or MP3s into the mix :D

but vinyl will always own!!
maxstradamus
anyone know how to split the signals in traktor? I have 1 onboard soundcard, and SB Live 5.1.

HELP!!!!!!
tvmann
Split the signals? What do you mean??

The SB Live is a multichannel soundcard so should be able to provide separate stereo signals for both your external speakers and your monitoring headhones. You should not have to use your onboard soundcard - and Traktor only supports one soundcard (although there may be a way around that if you really dig around).
maxstradamus
quote:
Originally posted by tvmann
Split the signals? What do you mean??

The SB Live is a multichannel soundcard so should be able to provide separate stereo signals for both your external speakers and your monitoring headhones. You should not have to use your onboard soundcard - and Traktor only supports one soundcard (although there may be a way around that if you really dig around).

Ya thanks
I figured it out, and yea you're right, one sound card is enough..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement