return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
ever tried installing win xp pro (legit) on multiple computers ???
View this Thread in Original format
eternity
have you ever installed a legit copy of windows xp on multiple computers?

i'm asking this because apparently you're not "supposed" to due to legality issues;), even though i did insall (same cd / reg #) on 2 different computers within 3 days of each other, and activated both.

has anybody else done this? ever have any problems? I'm trying to do this now on the 3rd computer... hopefully MS has no problem with me doing that

:clown:
-=M=-
illegal unless you have whats known as an open license agreement with microsoft - some businesses use this
Dr. Cfire
First off all its illegal.

Secondly you are only allowed 1 activation change ->see diffrent mother board per copy of XP. This is why the system gave you an activation key to install XP.
TweeK
I think you should be fine unless you download some of windows live updates.
eternity
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cfire
First off all its illegal.

Secondly you are only allowed 1 activation change ->see diffrent mother board per copy of XP. This is why the system gave you an activation key to install XP.

damn. so it wont work on the 3rd comp. oh well, it is going to be a download computer anyway, and i dont really care to have all those great updates on it anyways... :clown:
Floorfiller
no i've got a legal copy of windows XP and multiple computers in my house. you can't register windows on more than one system without a different key...its so much bull.
-=M=-
quote:
Originally posted by Floorfiller
no i've got a legal copy of windows XP and multiple computers in my house. you can't register windows on more than one system without a different key...its so much bull.

well you can activate it on multiple machines by calling microsoft and saying "yeah i formatted and i need a new activation key"
"yeah the first install didnt work so i had to format again"

blah blah blah

as i said - legal with an open license agreement, illegal otherwise
DJ Intrigue
quote:
Originally posted by Floorfiller

That's why Windows 2000 Professional owns all. No activation/registration whatsoever and operates like a tank. What more could you ask for?
-=M=-
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Intrigue
That's why Windows 2000 Professional owns all. No activation/registration whatsoever and operates like a tank. What more could you ask for?

if by tank you mean slow as all
DJ Intrigue
quote:
Originally posted by -=M=-
if by tank you mean slow as all

Haha, nice analogy. The only thing that is slow for me is the bootup. Everything else runs fine for me. Regardless of the possible lag in 2000, I'd take it anyday over XP.

-=M=-
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Intrigue
Haha, nice analogy. The only thing that is slow for me is the bootup. Everything else runs fine for me. Regardless of the possible lag in 2000, I'd take it anyday over XP.

perhaps you own a volvo of a machine and not a porsche... 2000 requires less resources as opposed to xp which whilst it requires less resources somehow manages to run faster, and more stable than 2000...

sell the volvo, at least buy yourself an older model 180sx
DJ Intrigue
quote:
Originally posted by -=M=-
perhaps you own a volvo of a machine and not a porsche... 2000 requires less resources as opposed to xp which whilst it requires less resources somehow manages to run faster, and more stable than 2000...

sell the volvo, at least buy yourself an older model 180sx

My opinion still stands. Windows 2000 owns XP in my book and always will. Maybe you had problems with 2000, however, I don't. If you want to buy me a new computer, since that's what you seem to be implying, then be my guest. I'll be eagerly awaiting a package on my doorstep from you. At least I don't have to go through all the XP bull described in this thread.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement