return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Horse riding
View this Thread in Original format
Gunyouken
Well I just started doin horse riding, began taking lessons about a month ago, and it's freaken AWSOME. Exept for the pants :toothless

I've been doin it now every saturday and sunday for 2 hours, and I am jumping 1 meter high fences :D , I can canter and trot properly, I haven't fallen yet, they assure me that I will though :eek: .... sooo anyone else doing horse riding???

So now I need to buy some horse stuff , the money will have to come outta my saving for TT's and a mixer fund :whip: which is a total bitch. But atleast is not that much money I will need, A helmet costs the most, and I prob gonna need some of those gay ass pants... :wtf:

Now, something I have discovered about this sport, is the psycamalogical effect it has on girls... If you tell a girl that you do horse riding, their eyes totally glaze over. It seems that deep down every girl loves and want's to ride horses, at all the horse riding facilities there are about 20 girls for each guy. THis is prob the greatest conversation starter I have ever had when speaking to girls! I bet the first people to click on this thread will be girls, they see horse and they just go nuts.

I think girls see horses as what the perfect man should be or something.
:haha: :haha: It does what you say, it doesn't ask for beer, and when it's outlived it's usefullness you shoot it? :stongue: :stongue:
Slylee
even though i'm a big animal lover, i've always been intimidated by horses, dunno why.

that's cool though:) my sister used to ride when she was little. i think i went once when i was 10 and i was scared the whole time that i was gonna get bucked off...
igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by Gunyouken
Well I just started doin horse riding, began taking lessons about a month ago, and it's freaken AWSOME. Exept for the pants :toothless

I was hoping you were a girl so we could request pics of you in the pants :(

I like horses too. There's a place I occasionally go to feed them. When i was a kid i took a riding lesson. Dam it was uncomfortable if you dont sit right the up and down will get you. They're really loveable noble animals.
Gunyouken
The reason I started, is cause my mom went for a lesson and fell of, then I told her I would go with cause otherwise she would never have gone back, and now no one can keep me away.

I also live on a horse farm.. so I guess the natural progression would have been for me to start sooner or later. Unfortunatly they only breed racehorses here, so I have to go up the road to a riding school.
Slylee
that's awesome...have any of your horses gone on to compete in any major races? who breeds them, your parents? do you train them too?
Gunyouken
No I just live here, I don't train anything, We are just a part of four families living here, it's almost like a little village in the middle of a farm, that is about 20 minutes from Johannesburg. Some of the horses have been succesfull at a few races, They also grow feed here, and they have a specialized feed for racehorses that they make. And there are also a few cattle.

It's very nice to live here though, It's nice to see a herd of horses standing just outside your living room window.
Slylee
wow...i have the city and the beach w/ lots of cars, and noise and beer drinking idiots...and you are out on some horse farm in south africa right?? crazy.
Gunyouken
Yah, but it's not all sunshine and roses, since I moved here in January they've killed six people here, all on neighbouring farms, The guy that owned the farm right next to us, whos house is like 150 m from mine got stabbed in broad daylight and the guys that did it didn't even take anything, his wife saw the guys running and drove over one of them, my brother and one of the other guys that live here caught the bastard that did the stabbing.

But other than that it's much better than in the city.
Halcyon+On+On
Yeaaa, I went to High School in Colorado... so I've been around horses and horse-people before T_T;

I really do like horses, not a big fan, but I find them to be appealing animals nonetheless. I've actually ridden on a horse only about twice in my memory (Once I rode a donkey in Tijiuana, but we won't go there) and I found the horse-riding be a less-than-enjoyable experience. I suppose I was just a novice at it, so it's hard to find enjoyment in things you're just beginning, but I was never really interested in it from the beginning, either.

What I DO hate are horse-people. Ever notice how people who actively ride horses for a lifestyle sort of LOOK like horses? It's scary. And horse-people rarely talk about anything BUT horses - they're really quite boring. Sorta like people from Texas... they never have anything better to talk about, except TEXAS. :haha: I kid, I kid! :D

But seriously,

horses = neat-o animals

horse-people = not interesting

:toothless
igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by Gunyouken
Yah, but it's not all sunshine and roses, since I moved here in January they've killed six people here, all on neighbouring farms, The guy that owned the farm right next to us, whos house is like 150 m from mine got stabbed in broad daylight

payback's a bitch glad i'm not in SA.

Gunyouken
Yah I know what you saying bout horse people, but they are abit better than dog people though, Those people at dog shows and things are totally freaken nuts. Woman that look like bulldogs and sharpeis and stuff that contradict everything you say and answer questions you didn't ask, and are so self obsessed that they don't answer questions you do ask... These dog people are totally :wtf:
igottaknow
i luv talkin bout my cat but thats different because she's the :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement