return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
how to record your mix??
View this Thread in Original format
Dave Piazza
right now I have a line out cable from my rane mixer going into my laptop soundcard via the 3.5mm port.( no special soundcard; factory original). I am using roxio easy cd creator software to record my mixes ( specifically the Sound Editor program).

I have been getting complaints that my recorded mixes have very faint sqweaking noises throughout and I was told it could be how I record the mix. so is my set up the cause of the sh!tty audio quality?

what do you recommend I get? should I ditch the laptop and buy a recorder? if so, which one???

Many thanks,

Dave
Tiger777
Soundforge 6.0 will do the trick ;)
Dave Piazza
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger777
Soundforge 6.0 will do the trick ;)

Is this the best program to get?
Tiger777
Most of the people here use it and you've got many many options and effects. It saves into any filetype... so yeah, it's prolly the best you can get.
Tiger777
Seems that's not too bad. Allthough it does seem a bit like you're listening to it from the hall... This could be that you're 'clipping'. Try turning down the record output volume of your mixer.

Could be your MP3 encoder or it could be your soundcard... I suggest you try soundforge. If you still get bad quality, it's the soundcard...
Dave Piazza
is there a external recording thing I could use that provides the same high recording quality as sound forge?
Tiger777
a CD recorder. But those are pretty expensive machines...

MD's don't give an alternative since the sound quality isn't too good.
wiregen
mAudio mBox does the trick :)
keithos27
How much is soundforge?

Keith
djsaryn
im using cakewalk pyro 2004. been very happy. records to wav, but then you can convert it to mp3 or wma. it has some filters, fxs, eqs and stuff. and its 40 bucks at sam ash. as for if you clipping, what i do is turn the gain to half and then pump the output and input volume to get the volume i want.

Dave Piazza
Im not clipping. I always keep my levels in the green (0db). Im using a rane MP44 club mixer.

I did resave my mp3 files at a highest sample and compression rate and I noticed it sounds better. However, I still hear very minor sweaking.

Im not sure if its my needles or this cheap sound card or cheap program.

OK I just soo pissed with this ty laptop and program that I am willing to drop a good deal of $$$ to get the best external recorder. What is the best external recorder that saves mixes as MP3 files?
auujay
Getting a better recording software may help but I think the biggest problem is that you are using not only an oem soundcard, but a laptop one. This are total crap. I would get some kind of quality external soundcard and record to that using a decent program.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement