return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

comparison: KRK Rockit RP5 vs. Event TR5 - need help
View this Thread in Original format
JM-8
Hi all - I am finally getting around to getting some powered studio monitors, unfortunately my price range is very small, so I have narrowed it down to these 2 speakers.

Does anyone have/has used either the RP5 or the TR5? I would appreciate any feedback for the forum - I will be using this mostly for mixing and regular music listening with a little remixing/reediting work in a 20 x 20 bedroom.

regards,
JM-8
Vlad
Atleast get 6" woofers.
JM-8
Is it really worth the extra $$ to get a 1 inch bigger woofer?
dj chex
yes it is... The larger the woofer, the more bass. For electronic music you probably would want a 8"
auujay
quote:
Originally posted by dj chex
yes it is... The larger the woofer, the more bass. For electronic music you probably would want a 8"

This is a slight over simplification. In general this is true, but it is not always the case so you have to check the specs on each speaker. If you really want bass get some decent monitors and a good sub.

Instead of looking for speakers with a certain size woofer, I would try and decide how low you want them to go. My speakers have 6" woofers and sound real good (http://vorlon.case.edu/~axj33/studio.html) but they do not have lots of bass. A sub is a definite upgrade for me in the future.
dj1212
quote:
Originally posted by dj chex

obviously that is true, however, for someone like me using this in their bedroom and having a limited amount of $$$ is it really worth the incremental cost to go from a 5" to a 6"?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement