return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

CD Deck's Pitch Increment
View this Thread in Original format
DJ-MarkHills
Im now looking at investing in a pair of CD players, however after reading about the 0.1 pitch increment troubles, i really dont wanna spend £££ on something im not gonna be able to mix on..

which is the cheapest model with 0.02pitch increment? up until now i had been looking at the Numark Axis 9's, but i dont know now... i have used them before at a club and they were quite difficult to keep in time..

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

auujay
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-MarkHills
Im now looking at investing in a pair of CD players, however after reading about the 0.1 pitch increment troubles, i really dont wanna spend £££ on something im not gonna be able to mix on..

which is the cheapest model with 0.2 pitch increment? up until now i had been looking at the Numark Axis 9's, but i dont know now... i have used them before at a club and they were quite difficult to keep in time..

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

I assume you mean 0.02 pitch increment.

As for the question, I am no CD player expert.
djxtension
There are lots of cd-players that have 0.02 pitch increment.

The Pioneer CDJ-800 and the Denon S-3000 are quite expensive, but higly recommend by a lot of people.

The Numark Axis 9 is also a very nice cd-player, and a lot cheaper too, although you said you didn't really like it.

Just browse around a bit and compare some models. You could also do a search on these forums, there are tons of questions and answers about cd-players.
djtrinity
i really didn't such a great advantage to the .02 increment....i had the 3000's.....on some mixes it was better....but others u still had to dick around.....u can easily get used to the .1 increment....its not that bad
tu_face
yeah the denons are the cheapest with a low increment. the dns3000's go to 0.02, pioneer cdj800 goes to 0.05. either one of those should be precise enough. there is a dns1000, not sure if that also does 0.02??

decks with 0.1 increments are brilliant for use with a pair of turntables, it really depends what you are going to use it for. if you are getting 2 cd decks, 0.1 increments are ok, but if you are looking for long mixes without having to bother about things, go for a lower increment.
beats and beeps
Yup, the denon dns3000 is the cheapest deck with 0.02 increments. I've used both the cdj800, and the dns3000. In some mixes you really do notice the difference, in others not at all. If youre into techno...for gods sake please get 0.02.
DJ-MarkHills
quote:
Originally posted by beats and beeps
Yup, the denon dns3000 is the cheapest deck with 0.02 increments. I've used both the cdj800, and the dns3000. In some mixes you really do notice the difference, in others not at all. If youre into techno...for gods sake please get 0.02.

not techno.. mostly breaks :eyespop:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement