return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Norm mcdonalds SNL monologue
View this Thread in Original format
Orbax
The one where he got fired and then came on shortly after as the host.

anyone help me out?
biznology
http://snl.jt.org/ep.php?i=9910230

thats the closest I got. all it mentions is that he said goddamn|
fitom tiel
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/99/99cmono.phtml

Norm MacDonald: When the people here asked me to do the show, I've got to say, I felt kind of weird. I don't know if you remember this, but I used to actually be on this show. I used to do the "Weekend Update" news routine, you remember that? That's where I did the make-believe news jokes. That was me, you know? So then, a year and a half ago, I had sort of a disagreement with the management at NBC. I wanted to keep my job. Right? And they felt the exact opposite. They fired me because they said that I wasn't funny. Now, with most jobs, I could have had a hell of a lawsuit on my hands for that, but see, this is a comedy show. So, they got me. But, now, this is the weird part, it's only a year and a half later, and now, they ask me to host the show. So I wondered, how did I go from being not funny enough to be even allowed in the building, to being so funny that I'm now hosting the show? How did I suddenly get so goddamn funny?! It was inexplicable to me, because, let's face it, a year and a half is not enough time for a dude to learn how to be funny! Then it occurred to me, I haven't gotten funnier, the show has gotten really bad! So, yeah, I'm funny compared to, you know, what you'll see later. Okay, so let's recap, the bad news is: I'm still not funny. The good news is: The show blows! Alright, folks, we've got a great show for you tonight! Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggie Dogg and Eminem are here. We'll be right back!
fitom tiel
quote:
Originally posted by josh4
they fired Norm McDonald?!

are they insane! im surprised i never heard of this i figure it would have been big news back then

but then again his movies suck and unless he has some major break-through soon his carrer has gone down hill

you seen 'A Minute With Stan Hooper' or whatever his ing name is?
i think youre a little late in your prediction.
Radagast
quote:
Originally posted by fitom tiel
you seen 'A Minute With Stan Hooper' or whatever his ing name is?
i think youre a little late in your prediction.

...which was canceled in December of 2003 after being on the air for oh, about two months.

I thought Dirty Work was funny. And that SNL speech is funny simply to read, even funnier when Norm said it.
Orbax
got it cheers guys
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement