return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
i need help in french
View this Thread in Original format
butterfly
i am trying to brush up on my french but i forgot a lot. (i dont have accents on my keyboard, so forgive my spelling)
i have two specific questions:

if i am calling a hotel and i want to ask the operator to connect me with Emma, is this an appropriate thing to say?
"Je voudrais parler avec Emma."

also, if i am calling someone's home and i want to speak to Emma, is this an appropriate thing to say?
"Emma, est-elle la?"
or
"Est Emma la?"

please tell me if there are other more common ways to ask for people on the phone.
Thanks... :)
BTG
je veux touer ton bonbon parceque j'aim les bonnhommes de neige dans mon voiture.
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by BTG
je veux touer ton bonbon parceque j'aim les bonnhommes de neige dans mon voiture.
ok, i do speak a little french. plus i think you spelled aim wrong. isnt it aime?
Nite-Mer
I'm pretty sure he's not trying to make sense. My french is rusty too, but I think he said something about snowmen in his car.

You could say, "je voudrais parler avec emma." Bonjour, est emma la? The latter sounds kind of funny to me though.

You could ask, "bonjour, est-ce que je peut parler avec Emma?"
Slylee
how do you say, "take off your clothes i want to have sex with you" in french?

i think i might say that to my boyfriend tonight and surprise him. he won't know what i'm saying but i bet it'll sound sexy as hell. :stongue: i'm great with accents.
Nite-Mer
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee

i think i might say that to my boyfriend tonight and surprise him. he won't know what i'm saying but i bet it'll sound sexy as hell. :stongue: i'm great with accents.

I can't remember. My french is hella rusty. I also don't really know how to say have sex. I know how to say " you", but I'm not sure if it translates over to the act of "ing". Someone's gotta know around here though.
Sean Walsh
My french writing kinda sucks, but I'll try to help you.

quote:
"Je voudrais parler avec Emma."

That's correct, or you could say "J'aimerais parlais avec Emma.", which be "I'd like to speak with Emma."

quote:
"Emma, est-elle la?"

That's sorta correct, phonetically at least, but it's actually "est-ce qu'elle est la". Or you could just say "Est-ce que Emma est la?"

quote:
Originally posted by Slylee

"Enleve tes vetement, je veux coucher avec toi." Or if you want some joual, you could say "je veux te focker esti" :haha:
Slylee
thanks!
Floorfiller
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Walsh

"Enleve tes vetement, je veux coucher avec toi." Or if you want some joual, you could say "je veux te focker esti" :haha:

i think i might say that to myself tonight...just to surprise me! :wtf::stongue:
Dj.Louis
Est-ce que je pourrais parler avec Emma s'il vous plait?

Nite-Mer
quote:
Originally posted by Dj.Louis
Est-ce que je pourrais parler avec Emma s'il vous plait?

Subjunctive, huh? I should have known.
Mebot
Muzzy would know :(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement