return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Curse of the Bambino is in full effect
View this Thread in Original format
Nite-Mer
In a barn burner the Yankees win again. A lot of series to go, but sure looks like that curse is lingering on. Discuss.
Omegasox
To anyone that actually believes in curses, you need to get out more. They simply got out-pitched.

And to save Mr. Mystery his valuable time, sports discussion forum. :toothless
Nite-Mer
I don't believe in curses, I'm just a big Yankees fan and want to get underneath the skin of the Sox fans. It's fun to talk a little trash about sports. Don't think Sports Discussion forum would get enough coverage for my purpose.

What's up DiMethGuy?
DJ_Bod
considering the Yankees pitcher had a perfect game til the 7th, I'd say the Sox did great for at least making it close....
Slylee
hahahah, if you would have heard the phone convo my boyfriend and I had 10 minutes ago, you’d crack up. he drives me f’n nuts w/ all the sports he watches and we were coming to a compromise about tonight and the game.

him: “so are we gonna spend time together tonight? we can sit on the couch and cuddle and watch the Yankees game”

me: “that’s funny, really”

him: “haha, baby! it’s game 2!”

me: “look, u watch your game, I’ll do my homework, you don’t have to worry about me getting mad cuz you’re watching sports and not paying attention to me”

him: “well how about this. I don’t really care about the beginning of the game, so you can have me for the whole night until around 9:30 or 10:00, and then I’ll catch the end of the game, how’s that”?

me: “ok, fine”

he doesn't even like baseball that much. he's so competetive, he'll watch anything sports related. i don't understand. if they had cockroach racing, he'd watch it.
Nite-Mer
True that. I was sweating it a little. But there's a weird feeling of comfort when the Yankees play the Sox in a playoff series. A time comes for everything, but I don't think this year is the one for the Sox.
Nite-Mer
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
hahahah, if you would have heard the phone convo my boyfriend and I had 10 minutes ago, you’d crack up. he drives me f’n nuts w/ all the sports he watches and we were coming to a compromise about tonight and the game.

him: “so are we gonna spend time together tonight? we can sit on the couch and cuddle and watch the Yankees game”

me: “that’s funny, really”

him: “haha, baby! it’s game 2!”

me: “look, u watch your game, I’ll do my homework, you don’t have to worry about me getting mad cuz you’re watching sports and not paying attention to me”

him: “well how about this. I don’t really care about the beginning of the game, so you can have me for the whole night until around 9:30 or 10:00, and then I’ll catch the end of the game, how’s that”?

me: “ok, fine”

he doesn't even like baseball that much. he's so competetive, he'll watch anything sports related. i don't understand. if they had cockroach racing, he'd watch it.

I hardly watch any baseball until the postseason. That's when it actually becomes fun to watch. I've been a Yankee fan since the eighties when they were terrible, but in the last decade or so I've become spoiled. I didn't even watch their first series, because I knew they would win that one. This one against the Sox should be really exciting though. I will plan on watching most of these. I agree with your bf about the beginning of the games. Right around the 6th or 7th inning is where it gets interesting, usually.
6iki_Snake
I was in NYC Last summer and i went to a Yankees game! I like baseball so that was cool!!

The game sucked however, i cant remember who it was against and what the final score was. it was LOW AS HELL, it was like 8 - 4 in the end or sumthing, the yankees lost.

But the Yankee stadium was cool:happy2:
itsTrueSonic
i believe in curses. and i will not believe the curse still exists until i see a guy with glasses and headphones take a ball from a red sox outfielder, causing the hit to be a home run.
Mebot
the only thing i can think of is how bad the Yankees lost to the Indians this year. 22-0 :eyes:

and its only game 1, there's still 6 more to go (assuming they're both tied then)

I'm going to watch the games if I can and see what happens

Slylee
the only thing i can think of is how the marlins beat the yankees last year in the world series:stongue:
Mebot
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
the only thing i can think of is how the marlins beat the yankees last year in the world series:stongue:

hahaahah :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement