return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
New DJ (need help)
View this Thread in Original format
DJ 00 Tommy
Hey all, im new here in the forums and i am a new dj also im 13 years old. I am looking at buying cd turntables not just normal turntables because it is much easier and cheaper for me providing that i already have a large techno/trance cd collection and if i need to play some dance or hip-hop at a private party or something it will be much easier to get it on cd than vinyl. So i need to ask what cd turntables/mixer would be best for about $3000 au.
nrjizer
Two: Pioneer CDJ-1000 MK2

And a Vestax PCV-275

That setup will treat you right.

Get the Pioneer's from that store, they are Pioneer Authorized, which means you can get a $150 rebate on both your CDJs (if you send for the rebate before December 31). Shop around for the best price on the Vestax, you should be able to get it for $360ish.
Ken_Allen
Damn...you 13 and you got that money? :whip:

I'll be 14 in 2 weeks :rolleyes:
djkoolaide
I'm almost 16 and I don't even have that money... nor a job :D But good luck with the CDJ's ;)
starlabs
Nice... when I was your age, all I could afford were blank tapes. :haha:

I would've said use the search function, but since it's currently down I'll give ya some slack ;)

Anyway, 2 CDJ 1000s are a safe bet - you will be very happy with those. I have one and it just plain rocks. (Saving up to get another). I also have 1 Vestax PCV 275... it's solid and works great.

You might also want to consider 2x Denon S5000s. They have more features (as well as a rotating platter). I know it's kind of a pain but ask your parents to take you to a local shop where you can get some HANDS-ON experience with CDJs and Denons. Reading about everyone's opinions and the specs is fine, but it doesn't replace the actual touch-and-feel experience. So go out there and play with them before spending those big $$$$$.

And please, support the artists and *buy* your digital music when you can! :)

BTW... I believe the rebate is US-only, so the poster is out of luck on that unfortunately. But do double check on that...
sleepydragon
quote:
Originally posted by Ken_Allen
Damn...you 13 and you got that money? :whip:

his mommy and daddy r probably buying them for him :D
DJ 00 Tommy
quote:
Originally posted by sleepydragon
his mommy and daddy r probably buying them for him :D

Uhg... i hate those rich kids who always get their parents to buy everything for them! so im tellin u that aint me, anway nearly failing year 8 to work my ass off has been worth it!
dj jasonF
hes rich... so what? wouldnt you like your parents to buy you cdjs when you were 13???? i dont have a job and im 16 AND I GET ED EVERY DAY TO BUY THE EQ I WANT AND THE MUSIC I WANT... I DONT EVEN HAVE A GIRLFRIEND ANYMORE CUZ I DONT GO OUT AND KEEP MY MONEY TO BUY THI S .

my advice is that you cant learn how to mix if you dont have turntables. so... if i were you and i had all this money i would buy 2 technics sl-1210mk2 USED a stanton 401 mixer NEW or USED and a GOOD double cd player used or 2 cdjs 100 used... just grab a newspaper and you ll find used eq.

also when in the record store you can meet ppl that can tell you a few things about mixing or even help you get a job in the future
hope this helps
Ken_Allen
quote:
Originally posted by dj jasonF my advice is that you cant learn how to mix if you dont have turntables. so...

Well...if you can mix fine on gemini belt drive turntables...I think you can pretty much mix awesome on some technics :D with no effort

It's getting too easy to mix now...everyone into djing and companies are making it easier to beatmatch & use any kind of medium you want, from tapes, to dvd's :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be suprised if a baby could dj in a few years ;)
Cosmic Realm
for one dont go with CDJ :rolleyes: have respect for the people that did this before you use vinyl :D but i guess if your really wanting them go with the New Technics CDJ and a A&H Xone 92... that will get you started and keep you going though if you dont have the money for something nice save some more, you will regret it if you dont...

as for Vinyl
Technic any kind will do..
and DJM600/ A&H Xone 92
and some Ortofon Night Club S's

nothing better then getting fresh wax in the post mate

djshan
i never read ur post, but dont go for the pcv275. i had nightmares when i had that mixer. i suggest xone 92.
Cheetah86
quote:
Originally posted by djshan
i never read ur post, but dont go for the pcv275. i had nightmares when i had that mixer. i suggest xone 92.

Yeah, why not, it's only $1000+ difference :rolleyes:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement