return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Burned CDs? NO DJ'ing!!!
View this Thread in Original format
Dj-2TaLL
yo ppl
sup?

do you think that i might not be able to dj at a party cause all my CDs are burned???
(yes yes, i know, i'm a CD DJ :))
DJ LIQUID
you can but its illegal :o

well........maybe if u do it for free....its still questionable
Dj-2TaLL
yup...
thats a thing thats pressuring me to VINYL...

:(
j_spot
well..If u r playin for free, @ a free event I dont think anybody will care about you usin burnt CDs, but If somebody anywhere along the line is makin some $$$ from it, then they will*and rightfully so* have a problem with that.

Chances of bein busted are slim to none, unless its by the promoter who is havin a conscience trip @ the time.
DJ Darchinova
hey man..
as long as you play the crowd the best music.. they WONT care! :)
music is music really.. and they might be a little concerned, but not enough to make them hire another DJ.
The only chance of you getting caught is if the persons parents are cops.. hheheehe:D
j_spot
yea..what kinda party do you mean? like a private house party? Or like a rave party?

cuz @ a house party, who gives a ..its only in the clubs that youve got to worry!
Dj-2TaLL
well it's more like a rave party but soe ppl here are puting it together...
well see bout it
RavingLunatic
Well.. my thought you should be fine, I doubt you'll go to jail for it.

but if you are going to make money of someone elses tracks you didn't pay for, that is morally wrong. even if you play for free and the promoter gets money, it's still wrong. even if you use records, but you stole them, it's wrong.

support the scene. but by all means, play your burned CDs and MP3s for free anywhere you like.
Dj-2TaLL
yea dude i know and i feel bad about it (no really!!!)

and thats why i intend to move to VINYL...

oh and that party is for a good cause...
it's to teach the clubbers of israel about GOOD music...
:):):):):):):):)
RavingLunatic
well if you ask me, israel has it's own problems right now.

but good music can never hurt.

DJ Rob Noli
Well I'm sure if I lived in Isreal, trance would be a nice escape from the conflict.

Peace.
dj alonzo
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Rob Noli
Well I'm sure if I lived in Isreal, trance would be a nice escape from the conflict.

Peace.

It's really not so bad over here... but trance is a nice escape from anything!;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement