return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

how to play live in internet
View this Thread in Original format
Foecunditatis
HI i really need to know what kind of software do i need to play live in internet radio, currently i got Telus adsl connection and soundcard which has a line in plug which i usually use for record the track when im playing!!! thx for your help
dallas
just get oddcast, its a plugin for winamp.. that should help you connect to the server, cause you already have what u need for recording. good luck.
Mr.Mystery
http://www.shoutcast.com/
Foecunditatis
i really dun have any idea how to use it, currently im using winamp 5.0 when i opened winamp there is nothing change in the interface, and i also do recording with Jetaudio :( plz somebody hellpppp meeee
Trunker
quote:
Originally posted by Foecunditatis
i really dun have any idea how to use it, currently im using winamp 5.0 when i opened winamp there is nothing change in the interface, and i also do recording with Jetaudio :( plz somebody hellpppp meeee

I'm guessing you probably have to go to ->options ->settings ->start/stop plugin, or something like that. :whip:
Foecunditatis
still i dun understand how to put my line in in shoutcast :(
SUNWmsf
first download the Shoutcast DSP plugin for winamp, and the Shoutcast DNAs for broadcasting. install both.

then...

right-click on the winamp5 title bar -> scroll to 'options' -> click on 'preferences' -> click 'DSP/Effects' -> click on "SHOUTcast Source DSP" -> the shoutcast box should have popped up after clicking on "SHOUTcast Source DSP".

So within "SHOUTcast Source DSP", click on the "input" tab and change the option to "line in" instead of "winamp".

That is just for the DJ audio capture portion.

You still need to download the SHOUTcast DNAs to setup your Broadcasting server. It is located at the www.shoucast.com site. Just download it and install it.

read the README file for details.
sabi10
quote:
Originally posted by Foecunditatis
i really dun have any idea how to use it, currently im using winamp
5.0 [/b]

You must have winamp v2.* to use shoutcast!!!

after you install shoutcast, you will see a plugin for it....and just read the help. ;)
SUNWmsf
the shoutcast 1.8.2b plugin works fine with my winamp 5.0.
Foecunditatis
THX!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement