return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Which mixer is better? DJM 600 or DJM 909?
View this Thread in Original format
nectario
Hi all,

I am ready to buy a Pioneer mixer. Which one do you think is the best out there? I am not sure which is better of the two: the DJM 600 or the DJM 909?

Any other suggestions are welcome...

Thanks!

-Nektarios
Cheetah86
I think the DJM-600 is geared more towards mixing whereas the DJM-909 is geared more towards the turntablist. Since this is a trance forum I'm going to assume you'd want it for mixing so I'd suggest the DJM-600.
joegalvan
Cheetah is right. The 909 is a battle mixer. Is does have alot of the same effects as the 600, but it is only 2 ch. I have a 600 and wouldnt have anything else.... Well maybe not anything else ;-)
nectario
Thanks guys, but I'll rephrase it like this:

What is the BEST newest mixer out there?

What about the tascam x9?
joegalvan
Hmm seems like 600.. I would personally like a Rane MP 2016a Rotary Mixer =) :toocool:
Cheetah86
For new mixers, the Tascam X-9 looks pretty nice, and the Denon DN-X1500 looks cool as well. If it's in your price range, you might want to consider checking out the Xone92.
dj chex
For new mixers, i really heard great things bout the xone92. Also the Elcer NUO-5 is another great mixer. As for the Tascam x-9 and denon x-1500, i personally didn't like them all that much. And pioneer djm-600/909 are good mixers, but imo there are better choices for the money. If i had a choice, i would either stick w/ my Empath or try out a xone92.
nectario
Thanks guys!

Ok, after doing some research it seems the X-9 has more what I am looking for, since I also produce trance music as well and it seems to have the effects, and sound quality I need from a mixer. One thing that I am turned off from the x9 is the slow EQ response that has been reported. Has this problem been fixed? Some say yes, if you do a software upgrade?

the xone92 is out of my budget so I need something in the 1000 range...
dj chex
The problem w/ the slow eqs and faders in the x-9 are fixed in newer versions. but i've heard rumors about locking up and over heating. As for a mixer in the $1000 range really check out the xone:62 (the filters are to die for, plus the 4band eq) or the Rane Empath. (quality over quantity) Plus you can add useless effects later.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
Yep I'm with DJ Chex...Rane Empath is an excellent mixer. There is too much emphasis on the advertising for the Empath as being a Scratch mixer, and that is wrong, as its more of a Techno/Trance mixer. Compare the Empath to a true turntablist mixer, and you can see its not geared for that. Best 3 Channel mixer in existence!!

dj chex
To me the Empath is like crack. Once you try it, your hooked. It's just a perfect mixer. Plain and simple.
nectario
How does the Empath stack up against the x-9?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement