return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

hook up to computer
View this Thread in Original format
TranceSpeeder
how would i hook up turntables/mixer to a computer without final scratch?
beats and beeps
Rcas from your mixer, to your soundcard, if it has the imputs for it. If not you would need to get a pair of those things that are rca on one end, and small...headphone plug size on the other, and hook them up to your soundcard.
Like...this
r5a
Throgh the line in... well you can do it many ways, what kind of soundcard do you have?
TranceSpeeder
what are the advantages of doing that btw? without having final scratch i cant mix mp3s, can i?
beats and beeps
No, you can record your mix. Thats about it.

By the way, dont get Final Scratch.
Get Serato.
tu_face
you can however hook it up the other way around (line out>mixer) and use a free prog like PCDJ or something to play tracks with. so long as it has a accurate pitch adjustment + nudge feature all is good.

i've even used winamp before....
Exodus17
when my comp worked, id use that cord and run it through one of the lines on the mixer, use a program like mixvibes to adjust the speed and EQs of a track

as far as turntables i dunno
Wisnia
Is serato that much better then final scratch or is it just a personal thing?
beats and beeps
Final Scratch has (or had at least) alot of problems. Serato is more reliable.
GT357
Acid Pro would help to if you want to mix in mp3's or wav's into a prerecorded set. A.P. automatically beat maps your tunes so you can line them up in sync perfectly. It also has a sweet equalizer for each individual track making blending a cynch. Its great for just straight up recording too cuz you can save under a multitude of file types and adjust the recording level right there.

zoomzoom
quote:
Originally posted by beats and beeps
Rcas from your mixer, to your soundcard, if it has the imputs for it. If not you would need to get a pair of those things that are rca on one end, and small...headphone plug size on the other, and hook them up to your soundcard.
Like...this

I want a plug like that, the Radio Shack garbage I have is a small unit that gets in the way of my other jacks.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement