return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Denon DN-X1500
View this Thread in Original format
Exodus17
anybody have a chance to give this mixer a try?

looks pretty cool

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/photo.asp?s=dj&p=DN-X1500&f=dnx1500.jpg&c=31
Wraith
Yep, I've had it for a week and love it to death. Blows my DXM06 all to hell, but that's not suprising.
onceler
what are the bad points of this mixer? it is easier for me to decide what mixer to buy if people were to speak of the shortcomings or downfalls of this thing rather than just say it is awesome.
Sjodalf
there are a couple of threads about this mixer listing out both positive & negative experiences.. unfortunately the search is down atm it seems, so can't locate it..

But i'm very curious about this mixer as well!
so to the ones that have tryed it, briiing it oooon' :D
beats and beeps
There is a bit of lag in the faders, but its only a big deal if you scratch. Besides, the update will be out in a bit, and it will fix that.
Sjodalf
quote:
Originally posted by beats and beeps
There is a bit of lag in the faders, but its only a big deal if you scratch. Besides, the update will be out in a bit, and it will fix that.

doesn't the mixer get very hot temperature wise?!
beats and beeps
Yes, but youd expect so due to all of the digital stuff inside. The pioneer 909 (the scratch mixer with that orange effects pad) was much hotter, when i tried it out at a store. It had probably been on for a while mind you.
DannyO
Heres my thread I made while back on it.

DENON X-1500
Wraith
quote:
Originally posted by beats and beeps
Yes, but youd expect so due to all of the digital stuff inside. The pioneer 909 (the scratch mixer with that orange effects pad) was much hotter, when i tried it out at a store. It had probably been on for a while mind you.

Yep, it does get pretty hot, but as said above it's expected. I love the mixer though, I guess the only gripe I have with it is the effects layout. Accessing all the stuff on the knob is a bit tedious but I got it figured out after about an hour of messing around with it. The sound quality is excellent IMO, when I purchased this I upgraded all my cables to monster and it sounds phenomenal. So much in fact there are some records where I'm picking up stuff I've never heard before. The matrix input is awesome as well. It's wild to assign the same input to all four channels and then tweak the EQ's differently on each. You can do some cool stuff with it.

Other than the effects issue I've got nothing but praise for this mixer. It's spot on in every single regard and I won't be parting with it for a long while.
Exodus17
cool cool, ill add it to my list of mixers to try b4 i buy

thx

Unknown DJ
just got back from the dj shop. tryed this out as wel las a xone 62 n a ecler nou 5. this one came last in the polls. wasnt a bad mixer. just wasnt as good as i had hoped. i went for the nou 5 in the end :) (waits for jeff to get jelous*
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement