return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
top 100 djs of the world
View this Thread in Original format
djsessem
are they out yet post them here please
djxtension
There is a thread about it here, and the list is here.
Facerocker
theres also another list...from the dutch dj awar... http://www.dutchdjaward.nl/
tho the lists are crap imho...in the list posted above both, dj vince and manu le malin, are missing, in the second list, manu is missing and vince is pretty much down the field...
and tbh... they both are way better then all of the top 10 djs if its about plain mixing skills etc... these lists which are made by public voting are rather senseless, since most ppl vote on how they like the djs songs etc but not on the mixing skills
Nemesis44
Adding to Facerocker's post... It's a sad day when anyone considers putting Darude in the top 50 of the worlds DJs.
I played after him when I was in Sweden and I have to say that his set was complete Toilet, not to mention that he works on traktor (Not the FS version I hasten to add).

Nem
snowman99
its a hype chart, pure and simple.
Dirk W.
zabiela's not even in the top 50. crock of . he's the man, definitely deserving of top 10.
Ken_Allen
quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis44
Adding to Facerocker's post... It's a sad day when anyone considers putting Darude in the top 50 of the worlds DJs.
I played after him when I was in Sweden and I have to say that his set was complete Toilet, not to mention that he works on traktor (Not the FS version I hasten to add).

Nem

I use traktor...so does that mean your calling me too?
Dirk W.
quote:
Originally posted by Ken_Allen

yes :cool:
Nemesis44
quote:
Originally posted by Ken_Allen

Listen up!
I said his set was toilet and he used traktor. Not his set was toilet because he used traktor.
But I have to say that he was cheating with the beat matching and let's face it, if you are going to be in the TOp 50 DJs in the world then you have to use more than just traktor to win my vote.

He actually looked as if he was sitting answering his e-mails all night with no interaction with the crowd and no emotion. To be honest if thats your idea of DJing, yes you are . And I think if you had seen his performance you would agree, as I'm sure, whatever methods you use to DJ you would have given a lot more than just sitting with a blank expression all night showing no interest.

Cheers
Nem
darudevil
quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis44

I said his set was toilet and he used traktor. Not his set was toilet because he used traktor.
But I have to say that he was cheating with the beat matching and let's face it, if you are going to be in the TOp 50 DJs in the world then you have to use more than just traktor to win my vote.

He actually looked as if he was sitting answering his e-mails all night with no interaction with the crowd and no emotion. To be honest if thats your idea of DJing, yes you are . And I think if you had seen his performance you would agree, as I'm sure, whatever methods you use to DJ you would have given a lot more than just sitting with a blank expression all night showing no interest.

Nem

Please tell me when did you play with me in Sweden... And be sure of what you say (I want an approximate date and a city) because I've djd in Sweden only once or twice if I remember correctly, I can dig it up. And when I last played live in Sweden Traktor was not even out yet.

I've never used Traktor live, I've only tried the demo version of it in the peace and quiet of my studio and you wouldn't know about it. ;) I know several people who play and control digital media with either turntables or cd-players (FS/Traktor) or midi-controller (Ableton Live, for eg.) and I don't see anything wrong with that. Personally I prefer the CDJ1000s and Live.

Anyone who's seen me spin live or dj knows that "no interaction and no emotion" and "just sitting with a blank expression all night showing no interest" is not me... I have my quieter days but still I'd say that's a big load of crap what you just posted there. And by the way... I don't need help with beatmatching thank you very much. I know how to do that and I prepare for my sets, I know my tracks. Sure, I'm a touch off here and there, I've even wrecked a couple of times during the couple of hundred gigs I've played so I'd advice any wreck-police to have their wreck-notebooks ready when listening/seeing my set because *I just might do it again*.

By the way, what I learned from mucking around with the Traktor demo is that you don't need to use any of the beatmatching aids if you don't want to. And I find the loop and cue functions great. You can't do that kinda stuff with tts or even some of the pro cd-players.

I'm sure someone is gonna throw that "oooh, a dj defendining himself on t.a. w00t?" (or whatever, I don't know the "cool" lingo) line here again but I don't care. I just can't stand people making false claims. If my set didn't do it for you, well, go see someone else next time or something but get your facts straight before you come here and start talking about me (or anyone else).

Ville/Darude

austinscott
True,

I've seen Darude both times he has been in San Diego and let me tell you that he tore it up both times. Both sets consisted of flawless mixing and a sound that is very unique to trance these days. Unfortunately i was not able to open for him and another great dj, Boris M.D. did instead. I can say it would be my pleasure to play with Darude...he has been the the two times I have seen him play. And for the record, all sets were on CDJ and not done live. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again for sure and i'll probably be playing with him next time. Good times!
Also,no emotion is a load of crap. Darude puts up signs and interacts with the crowd more than most dj's I see.

Keep kickin ass
Scott
djshan
ian van dahl a dj?:eek:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement