return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Caffinated addiction
View this Thread in Original format
Billabong
Ive just got into drinking coffee, finally finding a blend that i like, and im curious as to what everyone's fave coffee is. Also what do you like eating with it.

How many cups a day etc.

Im drinking a blend of cofee by bently's made in kenya, with a medium level of strength. I havnt got round to eating anything with it, as it has taken me so long to get into.

What does everyone else like
Spacey Orange
Where i'm right now, instant coffee rules so i stick to that about three or four times a day. Yowzaaaaaaaa!

Hmmm, i accomany my coffee with anything that moves.:D
Radagast
The last three or four times I drank coffee I had more than a pots worth in under an hour. Was shaking like a mofo. Probably did some permanent damage to my nervous system. Aww...here I goa ttwitchinng agaain....a..
Halcyon+On+On
:stongue:

I try not to consume too much caffeine. I used to drink soda for energy, now I just drink lotsa Green tea for the ginseng. :happy2:

Never been a fan of coffee, though I'll chug one of those bottled Frappuccinos in less time than it takes to screw the lid open. :wtf: :toothless
Slylee
if i go to starbucks it's an iced latte w/ sweet n low or equal. when i drink the coffee at work, it's folgers. and it's actually not that bad. i make it super strong. 10 scoops to 8 cups of water is perfect:) with lots of cream and equal.
beats and beeps
Malita i think its called. Made in a percolator on the stove...not a coffe machine.
Spacey Orange
Crap. Looks like i have to give up me fags.:whip:

Reuters Link
quote:
Coffee, Cigarette Combo Is Extra Hard on Arteries
Tue Nov 2, 2004 10:47 AM ET

By Amy Norton
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - People who like to start the day with coffee and a cigarette may be doing particular damage to their arteries, new research suggests.

Among 24 healthy young adults in the study, the combination of smoking and caffeine consumption temporarily increased stiffness in the aorta -- the main artery carrying blood from the heart to the rest of the body -- more than either caffeine or smoking did alone.

In fact, the effect of the cigarette-caffeine combo was more than just the sum of the effects of each, according to findings published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.

This means that tobacco and caffeine may act interact and work in a synergistic manner to harm the arteries over the long run, the study authors conclude.

Indeed, a second phase of the study, involving 160 healthy adults, found that those who were regular smokers and caffeine consumers showed the greatest stiffness in the aorta. This suggests that the combination does pose a particular threat to the arteries over time, according to lead study author Dr. Charalambos Vlachopoulos of the Athens Medical School in Greece.

The aorta is the largest artery in the body, and stiffness in the large arteries contributes to high blood pressure and forces the heart to work harder to meet the body's needs. Over time, this can lead to complications such as heart attack and stroke.

The main message from the new findings, Vlachopoulos told Reuters Health, is, not surprisingly, that people who smoke should quit.

For those who have yet to quit, he advised avoiding heavy caffeine consumption -- and not having a cup of coffee along with that cigarette.

In addition, Vlachopoulos noted, older adults and those with high blood pressure may be especially vulnerable to the combined effects of tobacco and caffeine.

For the first phase of their study, Vlachopoulos and his colleagues used non-invasive measures to estimate aortic stiffness in 24 healthy young adults who were regular smokers and caffeine consumers.

The measures were taken before and after each of four conditions: smoking one cigarette; smoking a cigarette after taking the equivalent of two coffee cups' worth of caffeine; puffing on a "sham" cigarette; having a sham cigarette after taking phony caffeine pills.

Aortic stiffness, the researchers found, was greatest after the cigarette-caffeine combination, and the results of the larger, population study -- where participants ranged in age from 18 to 60 -- confirmed a similar one-two punch in those who regularly smoked and drank coffee.

According to Vlachopoulos, the immediate effects that caffeine and smoking had on the aorta may have to do with the release of certain hormones and central nervous system chemicals that affect artery function, blood pressure and heart rate.

Whether this explains the long-term harm linked to the caffeine-cigarette combo is less clear, he added, because researchers don't yet know how regular caffeine intake affects the health and function of the arteries over time.

SOURCE: Journal of the American College of Cardiology, November 2, 2004.
beats and beeps
quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
Crap. Looks like i have to give up me fags.:whip:

You can hide it, but you cant change your true sexual preference.

Oh, and smoking is good for you.
itsTrueSonic
that was me..

i was up to 4 coffee mugs a day .. i don't know how many cups that is, but that was i think a pot and a quarter.. and it was just the morning!..

then i found out i had to drop my dosages when i saw my addiction through the mirror .. has anyone ever did that?.. seen your addiction when looking at the mirror?.. it's so sad ..

and i was drinking black coffee too.. bad huh.. i sometimes put sugar, but i would put like a teaspoon or two.. that's it.

coffee brand : folgers premium blend.
tu_face
there is an instant coffee over here called Rocket Fuel. it does exactly what it says on the tin!

other than that i am a tea man personally.. i love necking assam, or english breakfast tea, there's nowt better ;)

itsTrueSonic
i would like to state that coffee should be considered a drug, because it is very easy to get addicted to, and if you drink too much, it is bad for your body. doesn't it blacken your lungs or kidneys if you drink too much...
beats and beeps
quote:
Originally posted by itsTrueSonic
i would like to state that coffee should be considered a drug, because it is very easy to get addicted to, and if you drink too much, it is bad for your body. doesn't it blacken your lungs or kidneys if you drink too much...

it is...caffeine is a drug...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement