return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

my turntable makes unbearable noise
View this Thread in Original format
spdandpwr
i noticed just the other day that my turntable was making noise. Also when i tap my tap my turntable it makes a deep noise just like that of what comes from my turntable. I noticed that the sound was correlated to the subwoofer volume. If the bass was turned down then the noise would not occur but if it was up i would hear it clearly. The thing though is that this never happened before until now. I did move my sub to the corner of the room and before it under the table the turntable was on and not nearly as loud so is the subwoofer vibrating the table and creating this noise?
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
yes your getting bass feedback in the cart...move the speaker back
spdandpwr
I heard from someone not to set my needle to tight but i tightened it just now and it fixed the problem drastically so its noticeable but not as bad so now i can have great bass for people to dance to unlike before
Ken_Allen
kick it
tu_face
remember, at the end of the day all a stylus is picking up is vibrations. so any kind of vibration can cause an amount of resonance through the stylus (try tapping the deck under the tonearm seat, you will hear it through your speakers). you shoudn't tighten the cart too hard otherwise you will up the socket or the pins, but it definitely needs to be tight enough so as not to make any vibration when close to a speaker.

the sub, if its on/under/close to the table the decks are on will vibrate the table, and in turn make the noise.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement