return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

2004 Chicago Club Awards
View this Thread in Original format
localsound
2004 Localsound Chicago Club Awards

Welcome to the Third Annual Localsound Chicago Club Awards for the Nightclub Industry! Created with Chicago Clubbing Industry in mind, the Localsound Chicago Club Awards (CCAs) bring recognition to individuals and companies who drive the nightclub industry in Chicago. The award winners are chosen strictly by people's choice over a 2.5 month nomination and finalist voting period. The competition is open to all entertainers who fit in the following voting award categories:

Best Male Dj
Best Female Dj
Best New Dj
Best Club
Best Promoter/Host
Best Bar/Club Staff
Best Club Event of 2004

It gives the opportunity for anyone in the industry to compete against much larger and more well known entertainers and clubs. Nominees eligible for consideration must have been localized or situated in Chicago or the near-surrounding areas.

All finalists are chosen by the total number of nominations made by visitors to our website between dec and jan. There is a maximum of 20 finalists per category and in the event of a tie of finalists that push the total over 20, those tied nominations are ineligible. In the event of less than 20 nominations, all nominations are taken.

Currently, the nomination period will go until Jan 10th. We've expanded this years nominations to include additional djs and club events. We heard the requests for individual categories so we decided to expand the amount of acts you can vote for.

Click to Nominate your choices: http://www.localsound.com/2005awardsvoting_v4.asp

We're also going to be giving away t-shirts, cds, WMC conference passes and VIP memberships to Localsound events to 50 randomly selected entries! So get your nominations in early!
D-res
best female DJ huh...?

if sista strokes from chitown wins that i'd be pissed :haha:

i saw her at summerfest and she was more interested in her cigs and beer than the set. :rolleyes:

but im sure she's a nice person:happy2:
born2trance
Best Male Dj : AvB
Best Female Dj : uhhhh... never seen a fem. spin in chi (dj psychob*tch @ zentra?)
Best New Dj: Roman Red (not really new but...)
Best Club : vision
Best Promoter/Host : Spundae!!!!
Best Bar/Club Staff :Soundbar
Best Club Event of 2004 : mazi's boat trip w/ spundae
Dave Piazza
Best Male Dj : Paul Van Dyk
Best Female Dj : Colette
Best New Dj: Dave Piazza ;)
Best Club : Moda
Best Promoter/Host: Spundae
Best Bar/Club Staff :Soundbar
Best Club Event of 2004 : Paul Van Dyk @ Soundbar
JMC
quote:
Originally posted by born2trance
Best Male Dj : AvB

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Piazza
Best Male Dj : Paul Van Dyk

From Localsound.com:
*DJ Category*
The DJ category contains three possible selections. All Chicago Djs should be based out of the Chicago area, have performed at least one show a Chicago/Suburban Chicago Club and perform the majority of their shows at Chicago venues. The term "Newcomer" refers to a Dj that has within the year 2004 made his/her debut at a Chicago Club.

I don't think they qualify. I wish they did though.
localsound
This is to recognize Chicago djs. Those are international djs who occasionally come through.
JMC
quote:
Originally posted by localsound
This is to recognize Chicago djs. Those are international djs who occasionally come through.

I know. That's why I voted for MAZI!!! :gsmile:
FellatedOne
quote:
Originally posted by D-res
best female DJ huh...?

if sista strokes from chitown wins that i'd be pissed :haha:

i saw her at summerfest and she was more interested in her cigs and beer than the set. :rolleyes:

but im sure she's a nice person:happy2:

That, and the fact that it's fun as all hell to spin to 7 people at around 4 in the afternoon.
b.cl4y
From what I have seen

Best Male DJ: DJ Jimmie Page...

Met him New Years Eve @ congress theatre (Big Bang 2004)
wolverine16
Mazi all the way for best Chicago DJ. He gets better everytime I see him and last night was amazing. I closed my eyes a few times and thought Sander had already taken to the decks.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement