return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Vector Marketing
View this Thread in Original format
ali92
Anyone ever work for them? If so, how was your experience?
SportTrance
theyre a pyramid scam
Arbiter
Yep, it's an MLM scam, pure and simple.

If you're interested in a detailed explanation of the problems behind multi level marketing, I suggest this article:

http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html
blazed it
cutco knives are pretty good though. too bad it's a scam.
j_spot
I got hired, but decided not to show up on my first day of training. I didnt feel comfortable peddling wares to my family to make a buck. It not like girl guide cookies, its a set of knives..lil different.

but yes, their knives are half decent. Especially the cheese knife.
tribu
Good products, but they do you out of ALOT of money.

Given how much those knives go for, you should see a much larger portion of the pay. They prey on college students who know very little. Additionally, they make you deposit money before you can have your "road" set. You will never see that money again. They also rely on you to sell these knife sets to your relatives and family friends at a ridiculously inflated prices, and expect them to pay them because they know you, know that youre a college student, and know the bit of product demonstration they teach you is enough to sell the average American bumpkin (See: PT Barnum).

Quit my "training" there after two days when the master guy couldnt answer several of my questions about the product and profit margins. The watermelon example was cool though...I lay on the floor with one of their knives above me and they dropped a watermelon, which the knife severed in two halves on either side of my head. Like I said, good products, but they will underpay you.
{b.s.e.}
i liked cutting the pennies in half.
Tranc3
They are s.

And they've been under investigation by the gov't before for unlawful business practices.
ali92
OK. So that answers my question. It's just like another GoInternet.net / Mercury Services, Inc. / Venus Voicemail.
EriK_V
vector

ali92
quote:
Originally posted by j_spot
I got hired, but decided not to show up on my first day of training. I didnt feel comfortable peddling wares to my family to make a buck. It not like girl guide cookies, its a set of knives..lil different.

but yes, their knives are half decent. Especially the cheese knife.

Damn. They actually make you sell that stuff to your _family_?
vhx1
Yes they make you start off by doing demonstrations with family/cousins etc. as "practice" but it really is putting pressure on them to put money in vector's pocket. VECTOR AND THEIR MANAGERS
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement