return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Survey for seminar!
View this Thread in Original format
Matt
I realize this probably should go in the Polls section, but I need some result quickly for a seminar I am giving tomorrow.

The idea is for you to select what first comes to mind, if I told you 2000 people died one night in India.

Please don't look up what actually happened, just give an honest answer
Vlad
Im going with Flood.
itsTrueSonic
i went with fire.
flood is too obvious. so i went with fire, the non-obvious natural disaster.
Slylee
hahah "terrorist attack".

i said flood because i saw something on the news about it one time.
mezzir
flood
seems obvious to me
...which probably means i'm missing something:p
but seriously, monsoon season is by far the most likely and probable reason for 2k casualties in one day as far as i can tell
Aristronica
Bird flu!!1 in birds, Bush should focus on those sneaky airborne bastards, forget the terrorists the terrorists in the sky and on tree branches are our real threat
Floorfiller
i said flood...and i don't have any info on recent indian events...and i didn't read any replies...

i just figured they have a crazy wet season and are dependant on the natural yearly flooding of their rivers for food...kinda like egypt. but i could see sometimes more flooding happening then they can control...i dunno...

what's the answer :conf:
itsTrueSonic
i went with fire, because wasn't there an accident involving two trains colliding together, causing a massive fire ? .. or maybe i am thinking about the phillipines..
TweeK
My first thoughts would be "Wow, Pakistan Finally "NUKED" India".

Voted: War Casualties
CATHAIN
i went with war casualties, i vaguely remember hearing something about a disputed 'kashmir' region?

Matt
thanks guys!!! 23 votes should be enough to make the intended statement.

The incident I am referring to is the Chemical Disaster at Bhopal.

The plant, manufacturing industrial-strength pesticides, leaked 40 tons of MIC (very deadly gas) on the night of December 3, 1984, into the surrounding village of Bhopal.

The leak was not detected by the safety systems installed, because they had either been turned off, or were being repaired. The Union Carbide (now a subsidiary of Dow Chemical) plant was not up to the same standards as its plants in America.

At LEAST 2000 people were killed that night, and up to 8000 died during the following days. Up to 20000 men, women and children have died from the effects of the gas to this day.
Sunsnail
kk that really sucks. voted flood
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement