return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Finally Decided on TT's
View this Thread in Original format
djbruuen
ok guys, after much thought, i decided to grab the numark fusion 818 cd package off of etronics.com for $685US.

Features:
(2) Axis 8 professional tabletop “scratch” CD players with Anti-Shock™
(1) DXM01 digital DJ mixer with sub-bass synthesis
(1) HF125 headphones
(1) Hard carry case
Entire system comes pre-wired

i think this will be the best thing around for "cd" packages in the price range...i can't afford more then $700US(b4 taxes) for a whole package, so no need to recommend cdj-1000's guys. but plz share feed back if you're familiar with this gear...thanks!!!

ps. i know the headphones suck.
D-res
*cough* CD djing is weak *cough*

:D
Narcissus
Don't think i'd enjoy cd-djing as much as i would with TT ... but thats just me
djkoolaide
Well congratz on the setup anyway, even though I wouldn't buy CD decks until after I had actual TTs :) But hopefully you enjoy it! :D
cryo
quote:
Originally posted by D-res
*cough* CD djing is weak *cough*

:D

how is it weak?
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
quote:
Originally posted by cryo
how is it weak?

Because you will find it difficult to find the latest releases and really anything good on CD unless your at the level of Armin or Tiesto, who get a lot of unreleased tracks on CD. If you plan to spin toons other than top 40, TT's are the way to go.
onceler
Difficult to find legit tracks that way. Really easy if you are one of the bad guys.

me personally, I would go with tables and vinyl and learn that way... but to each his own.
D-res
its just now he realizes he funked up and hopes he can return his stuff:D

good luck though man
cryo
quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
Because you will find it difficult to find the latest releases and really anything good on CD unless your at the level of Armin or Tiesto, who get a lot of unreleased tracks on CD. If you plan to spin toons other than top 40, TT's are the way to go.

you can find tracks by unknown artist online and legitimately play their stuff with their permission and stuff. and there is also beatport and other sites that offer tracks through purchase.
auujay
quote:
Originally posted by djbruuen
Features:
(2) Axis 8 professional tabletop “scratch” CD players with Anti-Shock™
(1) DXM01 digital DJ mixer with sub-bass synthesis
(1) HF125 headphones
(1) Hard carry case
Entire system comes pre-wired

That was a close one, wouldn't want to screw up the wiring...

dj chex
quote:
Originally posted by auujay
That was a close one, wouldn't want to screw up the wiring...

:rolleyes: i don't know if i can wire it up myself, can somebody please help!:rolleyes:
Psiweaver
give the guy a break.

I hope you enjoy your cdj's and you'll find plenty of good stuff on beatport etc.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement