return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
let's battle for fun: Nordlead versus Virus (pg. 4)
View this Thread in Original format
thecYrus
ok guys, i'll tell you something :P

the delay and reverb aren't in-built. i used the powercore classicverb and the psp 84 delay. but i won't say that the sound is only fat with those effects. the synth is simple mindblowing and has a really fat sound and very analog.

the synth isn't even released until now. i made those samples with a demo version. so i couldn't really program and tune it to the extend.

http://www.applied-acoustics.com/ultraanalog.htm#1
Trancevision
quote:
Originally posted by Pjotr G
eat nord rack 2 madness bastards!

http://www.whiteroachproductions.nl...NordDemoPJ1.mp3

ok except for that kick and shaker in the first bit :D and except for the reverb and delay

I really like the trance lead at the beginning of your demo. Gonna post some nord rack2 sounds, too. :D

Trancevision
Luke Terry

Virus powah!

http://www.luketerry.com/crush.mp3

Wicked Neo
virus :cool:
DJREMIDI
Nice one Luke! How did you get it to be so bright? Did you use any EQ to boost the hi-mid/hi region? Virus tends to sound a bit dark/dull compared to other synths, it doesn't have the crispness that, let's say ES2 or V-Station has; I can't say that about your sample though - it's got that crispness. :toocool:

-REMIDI
DRM
im sorry bout there is no contest wot so ever. Virus is by far the cleaner and more analogue sounding synth by a long way and just sounds soooooo much better.
Luke Terry
quote:
Originally posted by DJREMIDI
Nice one Luke! How did you get it to be so bright? Did you use any EQ to boost the hi-mid/hi region? Virus tends to sound a bit dark/dull compared to other synths, it doesn't have the crispness that, let's say ES2 or V-Station has; I can't say that about your sample though - it's got that crispness. :toocool:

-REMIDI

there is a bit of hi and lo end i added, and the delay is software coz i coudlnt be arsed to program it

EvilTree
1 is teh homo
DJREMIDI
How many voices did you use for the unison? Also, are you using two filters or just one? If you don't mind me asking of course :)

I assume you're using all 3 oscillators in that patch?

-REMIDI
Luke Terry
quote:
How many voices did you use for the unison? Also, are you using two filters or just one? If you don't mind me asking of course :)

I assume you're using all 3 oscillators in that patch?

-REMIDI

5 voices, no unison, all saw waves

DJREMIDI
Wow. I wonder what it would sound like with a 5 voice unison. Can your Virus handle it? Do you have a C or B? If you have a C you should be able to pull it off. 5x5 = 25 + 6 voices reduction for using a 3rd OSC = 31. Can we here THAT? :D

-REMIDI
Luke Terry
quote:
Wow. I wonder what it would sound like with a 5 voice unison. Can your Virus handle it? Do you have a C or B? If you have a C you should be able to pull it off. 5x5 = 25 + 6 voices reduction for using a 3rd OSC = 31. Can we here THAT? :D

-REMIDI

i have a kc, just did that, sounded none to pretty lol, as if somebody had put some deranged flanger phaser thing over it

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Privacy Statement