return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
Recorded mix, just would love some feedback and constructive criticism.... thanks!
View this Thread in Original format
PVD fanatic
Here's another mix of mine. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to learn and get constructive criticism from those who love the music. And also, to put out something, somebody might enjoy. Thanks for you time...

Link: http://www.people.vcu.edu/~bhoadley...%2011.16.04.mp3

Tracklist:
Turkey Mix Tracklisting 11.06.04

Sarah Mclachlan – World on Fire (Junkie XL mix)
Above & Beyond Featuring Zoe Johnston – No One on Earth (Original mix)
Inkfish vs. David West – Aftermath (Original mix)
Phil Green – Tribal Trance
Tillman Uhrmacher – On the Run (Ocean to shore Club Extended mix)
Castenada – Floor Control (John Askew’s 5am Gallery mix)
Marco V vs. Jens – Loops & Things Relooped (Marco V Original mix)
Marco V – Automanual
Fx Zone – Synthasia (Nu Nrg remix)
Rank 1 Airwave – Breathing (Breaks dub)
Oceanlab – Satellite (Alex Oddens Flipside Vocal Mix)
Nu Nrg - Connective

:stongue:
onceler
Did you post this in every local TA discussion?

Why not just post it where it belongs, in the Amature Dj Promotion Discussion?

At the very least, if you want local feedback, you might want to stick with your location rather than spamming every local discussion area of this board.
wolverine16
Some good tracks. I'll give it a listen. Hey, did you get a chance to listen to my mix? If not, I uploaded another one that I think is a lot better. It's a bit slower and darker, but better mixing, other than the beginning and ending tracks. It also has World on Fire. I'll send you a PM after I listen to your new one.
UWM
Way too much like Paul van Dyk. Innovate, don't imitate, and don't post this in every single forum next time.
jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
Way too much like Paul van Dyk.

i guess he's just staying true to his name
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
Innovate, don't imitate
but it seems to work for everyone on MTV.
Dave Piazza
Songs I like from this mix:

Sarah Mclachlan – World on Fire (Junkie XL mix)

I advised you before that you should use caution in using a Paul Van Dyk tracklist. Heed that caution in your future mixes. I say that because your mixes have 99% of tracks found in a PVD mix. If I want to listen to Paul Van Dyk I will listen to his sets, I won't download a bedroom dj's set that sounds like Paul Van Dyk. Just some advice.

The mixing was better in this session compared to your other mix.

I only liked 1 song in this mix and as a result I didn't enjoy listening to this very much.

BTW

I noticed you posted this thread in all the local forums, the music discusion forum, and the DJ forum. :stongue:

I think you forgot to post this thread in the Politcal Discussion forum too :crazy:

Next time don't spam. Use your local forum and the DJ Promotion forum.
neile
"I told you not to do this but once agian you did a Paul Van Dyk tracklist."

...Dude Dave Piazza told you not to, but you did it anyway, come on now!!!!

"If I want to listen to Paul Van Dyk I will listen to his sets, I won't download a bedroom dj's set that sounds like Paul Van Dyk."

...Jesus Christ PVD Fanatic Dave Piazza doesnt have time for this , how many times does he have to tell you!!

My God I think this thread should be in the Humor section, nothing against you PVD fanatic. Can you sound anymore Pretentious Dave Piazza. :nervous:
Dave Piazza
quote:
Originally posted by neile

My God I think this thread should be in the Humor section, nothing against you PVD fanatic. Can you sound anymore Pretentious Dave Piazza. :nervous:

FYI

He sent me a PM before he posted this thread asking me for any advice I could give on this new mix. May I also add that he also sent me a PM last week thanking me for advice I gave him before on an earlier mix he also posted in this forum. If he never sent me the PM's I wouldn't even bother to opine in this thread.
Porky
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
and don't post this in every single forum next time.

sorry lam, if i didn't know u, i'd delete ur thread if i saw it posted in every local thread. it is spamming

but yeah, looks like you're going the ol arturo route, pvd cloning. which is good, but after awhile we all move on in our musical tastes right?

best of luck
chris

PVD fanatic
i got it guys, i apoligze for spamming, it definitely won't happen again. I am just trying to get as much feedback as I could, and I'm sorry that I went about it the wrong way.

as far as sounding too much like pvd, tracklist wise .. it's just tough filtering through songs, u know what I mean? i listen to pvd mainly, so mainly after hearing his sets, I'll pick songs through his livesets, that i like. I listen to other dj's too of course, but when buying records, there are sooo much out there, it's hard to find the time to go through all of them and finding what you like. So i've been prone to paul van dyk played songs, only cause it's what i've been most exposed to , you know what I mean? I don't mean to clone you i trust you, but being a rather new dj, it's the easiest way for me to find songs that I like. I hope to move on and find my own musical tastes, just at the moment i'm just trying to narrow down what I'm listening to, and playing. It takes a LOT of time to go out, and listen to every sample of every record, on every website, u know? maybe someone has some suggestions on what they do, or how they go about listenign to new tracks that are out?

And yes Dave, I really appreicate your feedback, whether good or bad. No biggie to mean, i'ts all feedback, and it's all helpful. Dave has not done anything wrong, and his frankness is appreciated by me. I like his comments on my mixing and liveset, I asked for them completely, and he is cool enough to take the time out to do so. SO once again, thanks dave. thanks everyone for listening again.
PVD fanatic
quote:
sorry lam, if i didn't know u, i'd delete ur thread if i saw it posted in every local thread. it is spamming

but yeah, looks like you're going the ol arturo route, pvd cloning. which is good, but after awhile we all move on in our musical tastes right?

best of luck chris

no absolutely right chris.. I learned my lesson as far as posting into many forums.

and yes, i understand about playying to many pvd tracks... i explain in the previous post my situation. but thansk for taking a listen and commenting, i appreciate it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement