return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

chat rules ? i was banned because of spam but wasn't spamming ?!?!
View this Thread in Original format
nuba
Hi out there, Mods

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but....

I was in the chat talking about some tracks I have and building up a webpage for D/D (in the same style as my previous one (www.foco.lcc.ufmg.br/nuba/tranceaddict) and somehow I saw

quote:
* Tanceaddict is frowning @ nuba
Tranceaddict says spamming in no-good stuff (to me)...

and a huge list of #channels appeared where there was once a chat screen...

What's up ? I wasn't spamming at all !
!:confused: !:confused: !:confused: !:confused: !:confused: !:confused:

Please take some action - I can't connect anymore !
tu_face
i saw u gettin banned aswell... it was mad u didnt do a thing...

i asked one of the ops to unban u, he sed no bans are set, meaning u should be able to go in now :)
Lynx
this seems to be a usual occurance on the chat thing...hmm...makes you wonder. :p :)
nuba
Ok, I'm unbanned right now

Very very weird :clown:

I wasn't able to acess anything
from www.tranceaddict.com yesterday

Still to understand what happened ..... :sadgreen:
Swamper
Due to prior spamming in the chat room I have a script in there set up to check for certain text patterns - if you type or post a really long comment there may be the chance that you trigger it...

I'll probably remove it since the spam is a lot less now but this was a very necessary action to take months ago as idiots came in spamming things and putting characters to separate stuff

like.. w-w-w........com etc

or w w w .....com

you get the idea.
nuba
Thanks, Swamper, for the explanation. :)
That's coherent with what happened.

I type very fast, and in the chat I usually send less replies, but with long lines of text.

Also, English is not my primary language, so I work to write it as coherent and good as possible - that mean no abbreviations and missing words - it's a personal style :cool:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement