return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
What the hell is up with Mr. Corsten?
View this Thread in Original format
tetatdo
Dude. I'd like to say that Ferry Corsten is a pretty good producer, but jesus man he cant DJ worth . I saw him at Trance Energy in January and i thought his set was really good. Then over the course of all of this year I keep downloading his livesets. from January to November he's got the EXACT SAME SONGS IN THE EXACT SAME ORDER in his sets! Dude what the hell? I'm sorely dissapoitned.

Dont mind my goddamn sig. Im too lazy to change it.
auujay
Well a lot of the big DJs end up playing the same over and over again. They can get away with it mainly because they are playing to a different crowd every night because they are touring. Resident DJs got it toughter because they play to the same crowd every week.

This is the main reason I don't listen to many of the live sets by the huge DJs.
_-MIl0
quote:
Originally posted by auujay
Well a lot of the big DJs end up playing the same over and over again. They can get away with it mainly because they are playing to a different crowd every night because they are touring. Resident DJs got it toughter because they play to the same crowd every week.

This is the main reason I don't listen to many of the live sets by the huge DJs.
totally agree, and the fact is that there expected to produce a certin type of sound so thats what they play
sleepydragon
:haha: i always say on here that ferry always plays the same sets all the time and i usually get a bashing for saying it.
Finally someone with some common sense has spoken thanks
sleepydragon
quote:
Originally posted by auujay

some of that is true big name djs when u listen to there sets it sometimes sounds more like an advert to show of there newist tunes and promos. If they actually played what ever they wanted they might actually be pretty good
tetatdo
dude its disgusting though! the tracks are pretty much even IN THE SAME ORDER!! I mean I loved Right of way, I even met ferry and turnmills in london.. He's a really cool guy, but comon man! stop playing the same 6 tracks! You'd think he'd get sick of hearing the same in tracks over and over! 11 months of the SAME 6 SONGS!
Mr.Mystery
See, the DJ's actually play for the crowd, not you listening to some ing mp3 at home.
fridaypassion
lol I've noticed this with ferry corsten too, downloaded a mix and it was about 80% the same as the essential mix he did this year. I can understand that to some extent djs will have their favorite tunes to play and some that they will be expected to play, but he must realise that all his fans will hear the essential mix and sensation mixes as they are so widely distributed
itsTrueSonic
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
See, the DJ's actually play for the crowd, not you listening to some ing mp3 at home.

agreed.
i am sorry to say this, but downloading live set mp3s of the same guy over and over again during the same year would brand you as that dj's groupee .. not that it's a bad thing (i love ferry myself) .. but as also for musical artists, all need to have some kind of set performance for all the shows .. of course there are the special djs that have more than 10 different types of sets of live sets in one year .. but no matter how much repetition ferry's shows are, he's still an awesome dj to me ..
tetatdo
alright smartass.. what if i Didnt download the sets and i paid top dollar to see him twice or maybe 3 times, touring around with him! (which i've done with DJs in the past) i'd be sorely dissapointed if he played the EXACT SAME SET all 3 times i saw him.

If you argue he's playing for the crowd. Im sure he's AWARE that his sets are recorded and listened to. If i was a DJ i'd mix it up a little bit.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery

Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by tetatdo
alright smartass.. what if i Didnt download the sets and i paid top dollar to see him twice or maybe 3 times, touring around with him! (which i've done with DJs in the past) i'd be sorely dissapointed if he played the EXACT SAME SET all 3 times i saw him.

Do rock/rap/whatever groups change their tracklist every time they do a gig? No. The order may vary and there might be a couple of changes but most of the times it's essentially the same set. That's why the artists tour - to play to a different crowd every time. If they wanted to play to the same crowd all the time they'd play in the same place every time.

quote:

If i was a DJ i'd mix it up a little bit.

Keyword being "if".
tetatdo
Yeah, i understand what you're saying. But I think any artist changes their up IN ELEVEN MONTHS! At least the order of their songs. I could understand 2 or 3 months of touring.. Okay even 6 months of touring and playing the same songs. He's probably already toured the world over since his album release..

Listening to other DJs.. even tiesto's lame ass changes his up every couple months. Listening to other livesets from 1 month and listening to another liveset from a couple months later, I usually find that whatever DJ it is has SOME variation in their sets...

What's your point with that whole "if" statement. I dont follow? i never made a claim that I'd be a good or popular DJ, I just said if i was.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement