return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

So do you listen to music at all? "sometimes"
View this Thread in Original format
SportTrance
I've always had a hard time conceiving how one could not listen to much music. I know so many people who never really had a FAVORITE band/artist/DJ, or anything and still dont......

They'll listen to anything..... and youre probably thinking...."well, theyre just open minded", no thats not it at all. When you have preference, and are willing to listen to anything, then youre open minded. But they have NO preference at all to begin with. Whatever the hell is on, theyll listen to.

I dunno, i've learned some people just dont really get music. I mean theres music out there for everyone, but some people just dont get it. You can tell this by the look on their face when you tell them to shutup because a guitar solo is coming up.

Trips me out.....
ierxium
I can't go a day without a track from Conjure One and Delerium.
Mebot
My dad doesn't have any rhythm. it astound me that he just can't find the beat in any song.

How can you not have rhythm?
echosystm
Apparently people are too "busy" to listen to music. Its bs, they just haven't found anything good yet. I was like that until i found trance :D

But then again trance seems to take over everyones lives, maybe thats it? hmmm
SportTrance
I can understand how music isnt a deep love affair for many people, its just like entertainment to them and nothing more..... but I mean thats just gotta suck. Music can do so much for people, its horrible that many dont get to really experience that.

And yeah, ive known people who just couldnt catch rhythm or create it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, just dont buy a damn instrument if you dont have it or plan on developing it.
Streakfury
Yeah it's like that a lot where I live. Nobody has any real music preferences, so they just listen to whatever gets played in the clubs, which in my case, is nothing but cheese and R'n'B. It so totally sucks, because these DJ's who play it think of themselves as Gods, simply because nobody (except me) complains about their tunes. And when I do request some tunes, I try to make them as commercial as possible, but they still don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :(

I even tried requesting the same few tracks in one club every time I went for a full year, hoping that the DJ might actually have the intelligence to go and check out the tunes I asked for. I don't care if he didn't play them in the end, but he could at least have tried to broaden his limited musical tastes, just for me. :D
Sunsnail
I used to be like that. Its funny how small incidents early in your life can affect everything onwards. An online friend on mine, whom I met on a MMORPG, gave me a copy of Kazaa Lite (so I wont be promoting p2p file sharing, I NEVER DOWNLOADED ANYTHING!) Back then I didn't really like much music, although classical appealed to me some. Anyway, after a month or so of having k++, I typed in "techno" because I wasn't really sure of what it was.
Well, a lot of stuff I would consider crap now came up, and I downloaded them. But, one song in particular appealed to me. It was by Paul van Dyke. Well, I burned all the "techno" songs I downloaded to a CD, because I was going on a trip for two months. Blah blah blah....
I looked up PvD when I came back and Wow! This stuff was great, more blah blah blah....

MY POINT: I used to not really like music, but through Kazaa, I discovered trance... and, not liking music in general sucks

(now THAT, is the longest post I've ever written...on any forum. Congratulate me :happy2: )
DJ FC
Pretty much the same for me actually.

In the midwest nobody likes EDM (except for rap, but you get what I mean), so i downloaded a few things on Napster and eventually discovered a love for Trance, and have followed it ever since.
Mebot
quote:
Originally posted by Streakfury
Yeah it's like that a lot where I live. Nobody has any real music preferences, so they just listen to whatever gets played in the clubs, which in my case, is nothing but cheese and R'n'B. It so totally sucks, because these DJ's who play it think of themselves as Gods, simply because nobody (except me) complains about their tunes. And when I do request some tunes, I try to make them as commercial as possible, but they still don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :(

I even tried requesting the same few tracks in one club every time I went for a full year, hoping that the DJ might actually have the intelligence to go and check out the tunes I asked for. I don't care if he didn't play them in the end, but he could at least have tried to broaden his limited musical tastes, just for me. :D

why do you still go to those clubs then?
smokeape
My life is about constant trance thump. Listen at the house, on the way to work, at work, on the way back from work, then back at the house again. Listen on the earbuds when exercising as well. Well, there are a few times when I don't thump, but the music is pretty well about 50% or more constant throughout the day. Good deal is if you ain't listening to the music, it's running through your brain anyhows.

:D
[[[smoke]]]

Dreamscape - We'll See

idoru
Most people in my area enjoy music. Hell, I credit my dad for my obsession with it, as it's his hobby in his spare time. The only person I know that doesn't really listen to music is my little brother.
Mr. Pink
the people who say they listen to "everything" deserve a slap in the face

PUH-in-lease!!!!!

first off, You're stupid!

you havent heard "everything" and even if you did, you cannot say you like some crazy ass death metal that has dying chickens in the background, and at the same time love that slow country song about your grandma ing your sisters uncle (her son)

yeah messed up , i tell you.

anywayz, its bull.

they either dont know crap about music....or they just want to appear to be so open minded you will like them, but you dont cuz you know they're lying sacks of .

lol

that or they are telling the truth and im just a hater ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement