return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Moving Sucks
View this Thread in Original format
citric_acid
I just moved into my new house, moving SUCKS

not the fact of living in a new town, but the fact of trying to pack everything up and unpack

Our house has 20 years of pure junk in it, and there is no end to the damn packing, you work for 5 hours, and you look and its still full as just as much as before. then, you get to the new house with 1/100th of the stuff still to come and have to unpack, you cant find in the new house, and are constantly getting lost.

MOVING SUCKS

everyone agree with me?

oh yeah, we wont have a phone line for another 5 months, and i dont have net for another few days

grrr
nchs09
i just moved this weekend.... with my parents.. a ton of that u wonder y u keep when u move
citric_acid
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09
i just moved this weekend.... with my parents.. a ton of that u wonder y u keep when u move

exactly! we have been trying to move everything for 2 weeks, i constantly ask "why keep this stuff?" "its from your grandparents" "they are to old to remember they gave it to us, and why do u think they gave it to us? because it was junk"
getfoul
I wish i had a house that i can get lost in again.

I nominate myself to give you guided tours around your new place untill you are more comfortable with your surroundings.
jdat
I've moved too many times in my life that I know this all too well :(

It's one of my least favorite things to do it just plain sucks.

Unrelated but another thing I hate with all my guts is cutting the grass :whip:
Gholy Host
One thing I got well prepared for when entering college was moving. I have close to nothing, and a few times I moved with one of those grandma grocery cards (you know, the fold up kind that open into a 1.5' square rolling basket? (45cm or something for you Euro punks. :D ).

Sometimes [read: often] I'll move just because I don't like my current roommate. Keeps things interesting. :gsmile:
Gholy Host
quote:
Originally posted by citric_acid
oh yeah, we wont have a phone line for another 5 months, and i dont have net for another few days

grrr

.... and yet you are here.
Emil
quote:
Originally posted by citric_acid
I just moved into my new house, moving SUCKS

not the fact of living in a new town, but the fact of trying to pack everything up and unpack

Our house has 20 years of pure junk in it, and there is no end to the damn packing, you work for 5 hours, and you look and its still full as just as much as before. then, you get to the new house with 1/100th of the stuff still to come and have to unpack, you cant find in the new house, and are constantly getting lost.

MOVING SUCKS

everyone agree with me?

grrr

Aren't you a nanny?
butterfly
The best way to move is to have your company do it for you. THey pack and unpack everything and all you have to do is be there.

of course, you still need to organize your stuff yourself. i have been on a kick of trying to minimize my possessions for the last 2 years since i have moved like 6 times.
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly
The best way to move is to have your company do it for you. THey pack and unpack everything and all you have to do is be there.

of course, you still need to organize your stuff yourself. i have been on a kick of trying to minimize my possessions for the last 2 years since i have moved like 6 times.
thats what we did.. but they dont unpack little ... they unpack furniture and stuff.. clothes litgtle items u must do on ur own and its still a pain

igottaknow
simplify
paravis
Heh, you're tellin me. 4 years ago me, and my Dad moved all of our stuff from one house to another, not that far, bout a mile, but with a suburban and a crappy ass payload trailer. We moved it all into the garage of the new house, because it wasn't done yet inside. Then moved it all in. Yeah doesn't sound that bad if I just live with my Dad right, well it was me and my Dad moving all of the stuff our size 13 family owned. Fun fun fun stuff I tell ya. I forever hate moving after having gone through that. My other bros were away at the time, so they weren't around to help :mad:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement