return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 
tiesto - ancient history
View this Thread in Original format
djbruuen
what you guys think of this tune? i havn'et been into to much stuff from tiesto lately, but this song is really cool. I really like that pan flute solo!
tubularbills
I really like this track a lot . The different "Screaming" sounds that are in there is amazing, and i love the drum/breakdown beat in the middle. The flute rocks, and the ending is amazing when everything comes together. I can imagine hearing this track in a club and place going nuts.
Definitly one of the better tracks on Parade of the Athletes!!
The Darklord
Really gets the Olympic/Greek spirit IMO. Great work.
flavdave
Great track indeed. I liked when Armin played it on ASOT and everyone hated it for all of the reasons why I like it. They didn't like the drums and they didn't like the pan flute. I would rather hear that than some of the other pads+vocals tracks on that show.
djbruuen
^ most of the hardcore melodic tranceheads are very narrowminded and not very diverse. unless it has the same sound they expect they won't like it (thats my generalization for today) i like this song for the reason its different, and a very cool idea by tiesto to make a song in this format. Ppl have to expand their range. trance for me is #1, but theres a lot more great stuff out there then just that.
Cobalt
I really like this track, and it's made way into my top 20 for the year. The only production on Parade of Athletes worth much of anything at all, really. Live would likely be killer. It really stands out.
da33431
quote:
Originally posted by djbruuen
^ most of the hardcore melodic tranceheads are very narrowminded and not very diverse. unless it has the same sound they expect they won't like it (thats my generalization for today) i like this song for the reason its different, and a very cool idea by tiesto to make a song in this format. Ppl have to expand their range. trance for me is #1, but theres a lot more great stuff out there then just that.

I agree, it's nice to hear something different. Only this track and Heroes are the tracks that have stood the test of time for me from that album - maybe Breda 8pm as well.
isoterra
It's starting to become my favourite track from the album... nice to see that Tiesto can still produce some original sounding stuff despite his position.
Hanki
I can't find something interesting in this track like in the whole Parade Of The Athletes album (maybe expect 3 tracks ;) )....Not the best track made by Tijs IMO...:rolleyes:
sandstorm03
isnt this the "tribal" mix of lethal industry?

idoru
quote:
Originally posted by flavdave
Great track indeed. I liked when Armin played it on ASOT and everyone hated it for all of the reasons why I like it. They didn't like the drums and they didn't like the pan flute. I would rather hear that than some of the other pads+vocals tracks on that show.

Amen.

Sandstorm: I don't know about a tribal mix, as the melody isn't anything like it. It just samples a couple of things from Lethal.
Cobalt
quote:
Originally posted by sandstorm03
isnt this the "tribal" mix of lethal industry?

The percussion seems lifted straight from Lethal Industry. But I don't particularly mind, because I loved the mechanical growl of Lethal and imo it works well here as a tribal backdrop to the main synths.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement