return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Looping question
View this Thread in Original format
zizack
I have a question regarding looping. I have a cdj1000, and have tried to mess around making loops and such. I really suck at it though. I can never seem to make a perfectly timed loop. Everytime I hit the first loop button and then the second it turns out the loop is not timed perfectly....in other words, my loops are never really good enough to have other beats over. Is it even possible, or does every DJ who loops just have to guestimate?
nrjizer
Adjust it.

You'll notice on the two loop buttons, they have a little label that says "In Adjust" and "Out Adjust."

When you have a loop playing, try hitting Out Adjust. Now turn the wheel as if you were pitch bending. When you turn it counter-clockwise, the loop will become shorter, and when you turn it clockwise, the loop becomes longer (the exact position at which the loop ends, and jumps back to the beginning is being adjusted). Press Out Adjust again to get out of adjust mode, and back into your loop. The same thing happens with In Adjust, except it adjusts the point at which the loop begins.

So this way, you can tweak your loop until its perfect. Or do all sorts of other mad things (play with it, you'll see).
onceler
I havent read too much into it, but it looks like you can adjust the beginning and end w/ the 2 buttons w/o redoing the whole loop. you can also pause the track where you want to start and stop and pre-adjust before you set the loop.

i believe these can be saved on an sd external card
zizack
right, I know about the adjust function. It's annoying ot try and adjust, especially if you have along loop, because it takes time for it to loop all the way. Alright, thanks.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement