return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

"13 conversations...." One of those movies that makes you think...
View this Thread in Original format
Eric Siefer
In my down state after a ty day(week... etc) I was flipping through the channels not finding much on that I haven't seen, or of any interest. I checked the IFC(independent film channel) and saw a movie that said just what I needed to hear.

If you like movies that make you think, or more-so say the things that you know but can't put into words this one is right up your alley.

13 Conversations About One Thing, I highly recommend everyone go rent this and watch it.

Its hard to explain what its about, but its just about life in general. Watch it with an open mind, and it will open yours.
tribu
Is this the star-studded movie fetauring Claire Danes?

If so, I bought this movie last year about this time, but never watched it. I think my old roomate might have taken it, but I may also still have it somewhere. I should dig that out of the moving box and check it out, eh?
Zombie0729
it has one of the most common re-occuring themes of this year...

that, in short, everything we do has a direct relation on someone else. that we are all connected on many different levels

i think we are seeing this a lot now because from what i can tell, and this is strictly my own opinion, we are nearing an end towards realism. Realism in a politcal sense; meaning, we see things where if there is a winner there HAS to be a loser somewhere else. Idealism has been sparked in recent times causing film makers to make overly depressive movies about realism inorder for idealism to be looked upon as an idealistic culture.

whether you agree with these film makers or not, please understand there is an agenda to their works.
fitom tiel
i was really intrigued by the first 30 mins or so of the film. 'show me a happy man' and such. then it got sort of vague. i suppose you'll see what i mean. i thought it'd be life-altering, the way it had started, and maybe it altered my night. my mind was thoroughly open, mind you, like an octopus at the bottom of the sea during feeding time and absorbing everything (because that's how i felt, too), but there wasn't anything prying it further, really. still, night-altering is better than most movies can offer. i'd give it four stars and recommendation, say 5 or 6 places down on my list of good independent films.
Surreal1221
I have always been one to enjoy movies that make me think. I will have to look into this one though.

My biggest fear is that movies such as this will soon become mainstream, and then I will be left with nothing to watch :( eek!
r5a
That movie is the gayest I have ever seen.
Sunsnail
"Suicide Club" the weirdest movie evar:nervous:
Mebot
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie0729
it has one of the most common re-occuring themes of this year...

that, in short, everything we do has a direct relation on someone else. that we are all connected on many different levels

i think we are seeing this a lot now because from what i can tell, and this is strictly my own opinion, we are nearing an end towards realism. Realism in a politcal sense; meaning, we see things where if there is a winner there HAS to be a loser somewhere else. Idealism has been sparked in recent times causing film makers to make overly depressive movies about realism inorder for idealism to be looked upon as an idealistic culture.

whether you agree with these film makers or not, please understand there is an agenda to their works.

If you think there is a lot of "realism" in movies today, you should check out the French New Wave of the 50s and 60s and Italian neo-Realism of the 40s

Pretty much every film made during those eras was social and politically commentary on realism and everyday life (especially Jean-Luc Godard's savage critiques. Check out Weekend for his view on the end of consumerism. It ends where everyone dies and resorts to cannibalism)
Zombie0729
quote:
Originally posted by Mebot
If you think there is a lot of "realism" in movies today, you should check out the French New Wave of the 50s and 60s and Italian neo-Realism of the 40s

Pretty much every film made during those eras was social and politically commentary on realism and everyday life (especially Jean-Luc Godard's savage critiques. Check out Weekend for his view on the end of consumerism. It ends where everyone dies and resorts to cannibalism)

i will man. thanks
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement