return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
What mixer do you prefer?
View this Thread in Original format
dj_aria
So 2 top of the line companies, Pioneer,Allen & Heath. Which do you prefer as your mixer?

I tested myself the mixer im getting for christmas today, the Xone:32. Love the thing to death so far cant wait till i get it.
beats and beeps
I certainly wouldnt call those the top 2 companies.

Anyways, its really hard to compare those two companies.

Pioneer makes effect filled mixers. See:909

Allen and heath make more minimalistic good quality mixers.

They are really not suited for the same mixing styles.
sym
There is also Rane.
dj_aria
didnt say they were top 2,but top of the line as in great mixers.
Vlad
Id say Urei, Rane, Allen & Heath and Ecler.
Dhagor
All mixers have their little pros'n'cons so I haven't touched 'the perfect' mixer yet. But A&H Xone series (specially 62 what I also have myself) gets my thumbs up.
DJ 00 Tommy
quote:
Originally posted by beats and beeps
I certainly wouldnt call those the top 2 companies.

Anyways, its really hard to compare those two companies.

Pioneer makes effect filled mixers. See:909

Allen and heath make more minimalistic good quality mixers.

They are really not suited for the same mixing styles.

Pioneer mixers like the djm300 djm600 etc are not realy battle style mixers. The 909 is for turntabilists is what you are saying?
dj_aria
From the reviews i have seen the 909's are really high acclaimed mixers for hip hop dj's / turntablists alike.I think tahts what hes saying :eyespop:
zizack
I've owned an Allen and heath Xone:62, Pioneer DJM600 and I now own a Xone: 92 with Rotaries.

If I had to rank them in terms of my preference...

1. Xone: 92 obviously
2. Pioneer DJM600
3. Allen and Heath Xone: 62

The Xone: 92 is much more expensive than the other two, so I'll put it into a seperate category. In terms of both companies two equivilantly priced mixers, I'd definitely have to say that I like Pioneer better. The effects were cool and useful, the mixer had a very comfortable feel. The Xone: 62 I really disliked. I didn't like the layout, lack of beign able to hear eq changes in the headphones, and the sound quality through the headphone output.I took back the Xone: 62 and got the Pioneer which I loved. Again, if I had a vertain amount of money, under $2000 of course to spend on a mixer, I'd go with Pioneer. I like the DJM-600 better than the Xone: 62 and I would much rather have a DJM3000 or DJM500 over the Xone: 32.
onceler
I'm not a big fan of Pioneer's build quality and overall sound quality. I have owned or been a partial owner of (2) DJM-500's for around 7 years or so. I have seen firsthand how they age. To me, the only reason to get a Pioneer would be the need for easy effects. The effects on the Ecler are a little more in-depth and take a bit of getting used to while the A&H don't have effects (other than the LFO or whatever that one thing they have on there).

Tegu
DN-X1500 ALL TEH WAY BABY
dj chex
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Id say Urei, Rane, Allen & Heath and Ecler.

+1

Rane's tech support is great and quality is top notch. When i need a mixer, i need a mixer. Not a mixer/effects processor/coffee maker.

Urei is just classic. I like anyone else would love to get a urei 1620 or bozak cma-10, but since they haven't been produced for over 20 years, they're hard to come by.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement