return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Would u drink flavoured water?
View this Thread in Original format
Swamper
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/stor...47&sec=business

ATLANTA: Since the 1990s, bottled water has become a fixture in American health clubs, offices and sports stadiums, emerging as one of the most popular and fast-growing drinks in the market.

Now, Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo Inc and Nestle are betting that flavoured water will find a sweet spot among US consumers who find the plain variety a bit boring.

Lemon and raspberry versions of Coke’s Dasani brand water will begin arriving in the US in the first quarter of 2005, according to officials with the world’s largest soft drinks maker.

“This would appeal to people who don’t want to drink the same water all the time,” said Ray Crockett, a spokesman for Coke’s Dasani brand. “We have research that indicates consumers like flavoured waters.”

PepsiCo, Coca-Cola’s main rival, also has announced that it will launch a new Aquafina water drink called FlavorSplash next year. The product will come in raspberry, wild berry and citrus flavours.

Switzerland-based food giant Nestle, which already markets Perrier, Poland Spring and other water brands in North America, is joining the fray with lemon, orange, strawberry and raspberry flavoured Nestle Pure Life Splash.

At stake is control of a small but fast-growing sub-segment of the US$11bil bottled water market.

Flavoured waters, or enhanced waters as they are often called, account for about 4% of US water sales measured by volume and about 10% measured in dollars. Their growth rate eclipses that of the overall water category.

Sales of Gatorade’s Propel Fitness Water, the market leader in enhanced waters, grew 48.7% in the first nine months of 2004, according to Beverage Digest, an industry newsletter. Gatorade is a unit of PepsiCo.

With massive distribution systems and experience in branding new products, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and Nestle could hold an advantage when they launch their flavoured waters.
{b.s.e.}
so... juice?
Dmatrox
quote:
Originally posted by {b.s.e.}
so... juice?

and every other drink?
töbias
We've had this in Australia for years.

Its water with a slight flavour.

Its okay I guess, but not sensational.
verndogs
I definitely would
smokeape
Well, this looks like the real Swamp. There was an imposter floating about a week ago and he ran your reputation in the dirt.
Anyhow, I'll drink anything that tastes like alcohol!

Yo, nice hat!!!!! Why ain't that f*cking bald guy put one on yet?

Lol!!!
[[[smoke]]]

N-Trance - Forever (Kenny Hayes Mix)
Halcyon+On+On
quote:
Originally posted by töbias
We've had this in Australia for years.

Its water with a slight flavour.

Its okay I guess, but not sensational.

Yeah - it's been in America a while as well. For some reason this is made-out to being a big deal though? It's hardly nothing new, just name-brands put on the same old .

"Ooh - but if it says 'Dasani' and it costs extra, it MUST be better!"
D-res
Propell fitness water is flavored. its been around hella long time.. i think it tastes great
töbias
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
Yeah - it's been in America a while as well. For some reason this is made-out to being a big deal though? It's hardly nothing new, just name-brands put on the same old .

"Ooh - but if it says 'Dasani' and it costs extra, it MUST be better!"

I though the US must have had these for a while as most of the stuff you buy here comes straight from your shores.

I tend to buy water instead of flavoured drinks most of the time.

And the sugar content of these flavoured waters tends to keep me away from them.
beats and beeps
So it would be like gatorade ice, but without the extra sodium, and other good stuff in it?

Swamper
quote:
Originally posted by smokeape
Yo, nice hat!!!!! Why ain't that f*cking bald guy put one on yet?

Lol!!!
[[[smoke]]]

Clear your cache mister!
smokeape
quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
Clear your cache mister!

Didn't know I had one. Ain't got no Pms.

;)
[[[smoke]]]

Diver & Ace - It Not Over Now (Astura vs Timeok Mix)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement