return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pricematching is awesome
View this Thread in Original format
Cheetah86
I don't want to sound like an advertisement for Guitar Center or anything, but their pricematching policy is really good. I showed the salesman this site: http://www.fleetsound.com/catalogue...sk=full&ID=1248 and he beat it's price(even though it isn't clear if it's an authorized dealer, as well as being a Canadian store). He gave me $70 for each cartridge. I got a pair of Whitelabels for $148.40, including the NJ sales tax. It's kind of funny/sad since I bought my old M44G's at MSRP for $65 each when I first bought my setup, versus $5 more for a much nicer cartridge.

I also had some other sites printed out, including an email from agiprodj.com which offered a pair for $168, and the cart of djdeals.com which had an individual cartridge for $92. I printed them out since I didn't think he'd accept the first one, but he did. :p

I made this post just so that anyone considering getting Whitelabels should try this and hopes that the salesperson gives them the same price I got. It's also nice to pick it up in person rather than worrying about shipping when ordering online(that's just me, though).

A few things about the Whitelabels themselves:
-They're smaller than they look when you see pics of them on the internet(maybe it's just my perspective)
-The sound quality is incredible compared to my worn out, 1 year old M44G's
-One of the Stylii seems to have this wierd sound to it like it's not gripping the record well, while the other one sounds fine. I think it's because I haven't broken it in yet, so now I'm doing that thing with leaving it on a record overnight, and hopefully this will fix it.

I hope this helps some TA out there in saving some money if they're considering these cartridges. :D
TranceSpeeder
nice.
beats and beeps
Yup, I went down to the states, just so I could get my cdj800s matched at 447 each (894 for the pair)

Of course that cost me like 1100 dollars canadian to get that much american money...and then I had to pay 8.5% american tax, and 14.5% canadian taxes to bring it across (god damn it thats 23% tax on 1100 bucks!) And then of course there is the gas driving down to the states and back, but in the end I still saved a nice amount of money seeing as they go for 850 a peice in Canada (plus the 14.5% tax), and Tom Lee Music doesnt like to compete with american prices.
razzi
cheetah, that is an awesome site with an amazing deal on some cartridges. great deal, thanks for sharing on ta

razzi
dj chex
just a couple of days ago i went down to gc to get another cart. I was thinking of another whitelabel, but instead i asked for a m44-g. Well they just gave it to me for $40 out the door. It's cool b/c i've spent soo much money there, and come in regularly/know almost everyone in pro audio department, that they now give me sick deals without me asking.
cryo
ya all my equipment i've bought from GC were pricematched, no problem
cheesy
Lots of other stores pricematch as well...

Musician's Friend (Guitar Center's online retailer)
Pro Sound and Stage Lighting
zZounds

Most will refund the difference plus a little if you find a price within a certain period of time after purchasing.
Eis
Damn, that's some deal. I paid 99euros apice for my whitelabel carts :/
razzi
well, i used the same ad to pick up a pair of whitelabels as well today! gotta love GC

razzi.
dj chex
Im going in tomarrow to FINALLY get SSL for around $469 total.

and i might pick up another m44g.

Cheetah86
quote:
Originally posted by razzi
well, i used the same ad to pick up a pair of whitelabels as well today! gotta love GC

razzi.

Nice, it feels good knowing my post helped someone :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement