return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

where is the war?!?!
View this Thread in Original format
Dj-2TaLL
just a question...
whats all this thing with battle mixers and battle TTs?!?!?
DJTJ
Battle just means that the mixer is designed for both scratch DJ's and house/trance/whatever DJ's. i.e. has a loose crossfader but the curve is adjustable. Also, the line faders are close by so a house/trance DJ can use those instead of the fader.
Don't know what you mean about battle, TT's though, never seen those before. Technics pretty much cover all bases as far as DJing is concerned, scratch DJ's and others.
Pjotr G
i think if i remember well that having you turntables in battle position means:
Turntable Mixer Turntable
DJTJ
How else would you have them?
Dj-2TaLL
thats kewl...
cause if to go to 123DJ you will see in the title, TTs battle TTs and the same with mixers...

i think that battle TTs are what you (DJTJ) said about mixers TTs that are ment both for hiphop and trance...
Lost
the only thing i can think of as far as battle TT's goes is that the TT's are rotated 90 degrees to where the tonearm is in the back instead of near your left hand in standard situated TT's. i remember some skratch artist was the first to rotate the table to provide more room for skratchin' with less bumps of the tonearm. but that's all i can think of. most trance clubs i go to have the TT's in the battle position but some still have them in the standard situation. other than that i got nothing for ya.

lost
Dj-2TaLL
yea, that is an interesting piont...
logical too...
but it would be hard to adjust to i think...
:):):)
boy_luke_y2k
I dunno which position of the TTs is called what, but from my experience I prefer mine with the tonearm on the right, not at the back, but I try it both ways. I find it much easier to beatmatch with pitch and tone arm on the right of my TTs.
Pjotr G
The tonearm at the "back" is called "hiphop position" me thinks

and as for "how else could you put your turntables"

well how about
turntable turntable mixer
for instance?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement