return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Cold Chicago Weather
View this Thread in Original format
JM
HOT DAMN!

on our way to Michigan this Christmas season, my girl and I flew into Chicago and spent a day there. HUGE city compared to Seattle, and was also SOOOO COLD! the temperature outside at 9am was 10 degrees - I haven't felt cold like that in over 15 years!

... and when the wind kicked in, my legs hurt from the cold. I had a phat down filled jacket to keep me warm, buy I never thought to even buy long underwear. on another note, the city was ing awesome! More high rise building that i've ever seen before in downtown, and absolutely no lack of Christmas spirit!

oh, and the temperature stayed around 15 degrees for the next week while in SW Michigan.

... i dont know how you all do it. it 28 degrees in Seattle this morning, and that's as cold as it gets for us - and no wind!

-- just thought i'd share my comments with you all :D

>JM<
MrSquirrel
10 degrees is balmy for winter in the upper midwest. You should go to North Dakota, my buddy went to school there and it doesn't get above zero for a couple of months every year :toothless

MrS
born2trance
it can get real cold in the winter, but this past weekend up there was just rain rain RAIN!! geez, and its STILL raining :conf:
DJPrototypeX
rain in the winter usually means freezin cold overnight and everything frozen shut in the morning:mad:
Zewad
snow all day,.. bleh... and its 3 outside now.. at 7pm.... yikes:eyes:
D-res
quote:
Originally posted by JM
HOT DAMN!

on our way to Michigan this Christmas season, my girl and I flew into Chicago and spent a day there. HUGE city compared to Seattle, and was also SOOOO COLD! the temperature outside at 9am was 10 degrees - I haven't felt cold like that in over 15 years!

... and when the wind kicked in, my legs hurt from the cold. I had a phat down filled jacket to keep me warm, buy I never thought to even buy long underwear. on another note, the city was ing awesome! More high rise building that i've ever seen before in downtown, and absolutely no lack of Christmas spirit!

oh, and the temperature stayed around 15 degrees for the next week while in SW Michigan.

... i dont know how you all do it. it 28 degrees in Seattle this morning, and that's as cold as it gets for us - and no wind!

-- just thought i'd share my comments with you all :D

>JM<

yeah... chi-town is pretty pimp. i love that city. i was there a little over a week ago to fly from ohare to charlotte.
wolverine16
quote:
Originally posted by born2trance
it can get real cold in the winter, but this past weekend up there was just rain rain RAIN!! geez, and its STILL raining :conf:

Yes,it was cdd but rained all last weekend. Chicago weather has us supposed to be bad for some timenow, I will post more details about whatever I'm talking about when I'm not drunk tomorrow

Seriously, I drank too much...even for a wednesday, Enjoy making fun of me
ctprincess
yes - the weather in chicago in the winter can really bite, but overall, i love this city. i've lived in los angeles, nyc and washington dc and chicago is by far the best of these cities to live in - the people are extremely nice and down-to-earth.
jonze234
i have a love hate relationship with this city. love the people and the atmosphere; hate the weather.
Blake613
I love the city but hate the weather. May-July are my months. I love the lakefront and sun
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement