return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
Why is it so hard....?
View this Thread in Original format
pattbateman
To find a goddamn girl that likes any sort of edm music???!!!!???? it is driving me crazy!
wolverine16
It is? I wouldn't have gotten into EDM if it weren't for my ex girlfriend. I remember :eyes: being my reaction to the crowd when Ferry Corsten and Armin Van Buuren each have played here recently. Most girls like to dance, so you could probably ask someone out to a club when someone really good is spinning and get them hooked to EDM.
pattbateman
true
jdat
I think you fail to see the bigger picture.

It's not purely edm I don't think but girls tend to have a harder time getting into unusual/not so popular music.

I hate to stereotype but I think that's seriously the root of it all.

The remedy? I think if you go with progressive exposure you can effect anyone.

Heck my parents like edm, used to hate it for years. My dad became a big ASOT fan :stongue:
WM2
My girlfriend was a rap/hip hop fan, and liked Eminem. Anyway, she bought the whole line about "no one listens to techno," so when we met and I told her that all I listened to was trance and house and that stuff she was kind of skeptical.

A year and a half later, she is just as excited to go to concerts as I am. She had a blast this past weekend at the Ferry show at Vision. You just need to find a chick that doesn't mind being exposed to new things, then make sure you don't try to force it on her.
trancEyes22
quote:
Originally posted by jdat
I think you fail to see the bigger picture.

It's not purely edm I don't think but girls tend to have a harder time getting into unusual/not so popular music.

I hate to stereotype but I think that's seriously the root of it all.

The remedy? I think if you go with progressive exposure you can effect anyone.

Heck my parents like edm, used to hate it for years. My dad became a big ASOT fan :stongue:

trust me...this isn't limited to just girls. finding (normal) guys that listen to EDM is a challenge in itself!
wolverine16
^^^^^ There's a girl who likes EDM! Just not sure if the lyrics to an Elevation song is a location that would be considered closeby or a long-distance relationship with someone from Cleveland.

Everyone is right here though, that a lot of people in the U.S., regardless of gender, simply aren't aware of EDM (unless DJ Sammy covers of Brian Adams and the Eagles count), but the odds are fairly good that they'll like some of your tastes if you introduce them to it. A good DJ spinning and some drinks should do the trick if they have an open mind.
trancEyes22
i'm from DC ;)
verndogs
quote:
Originally posted by trancEyes22
trust me...this isn't limited to just girls. finding (normal) guys that listen to EDM is a challenge in itself!

+1

I'm one of the few out of all my family and friends who love EDM
MrSquirrel
Ok...granted, froggy lives in the midwest still.....but how the hell did you find your way into this thread tranceyes?

:nervous: :nervous:

MrS

ctprincess
quote:
Originally posted by trancEyes22

ditto
ctprincess
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquirrel
Ok...granted, froggy lives in the midwest still.....but how the hell did you find your way into this thread tranceyes?

:nervous: :nervous:

MrS

she can be here - she's a dc chick :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement