return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
illegal car tints...
View this Thread in Original format
tc-fan
anyone have them on their car?? i just put them on mine...
i heard that u can get away with them from cops...
goodgreef
what do u mean illegal car tint?
first of all its different in all states and provinces
2nd of all... no tint is illegal no matter how dark on the last three windows (sometimes 5)... of your car

tint is "technically" illegal on the three front windows of your car... but some car companies (BMW, Merc, audi, vw, lexus, etc) come with factory tint on the front three windows which is 35% or 30%

u can get away with 20% on your front windows if ure careful... cops will however scratch the tint if they see you with it or pull you over for it.. then give you a VI....

btw: i work in a tint shop.
beats and beeps
quote:
Originally posted by tc-fan
anyone have them on their car?? i just put them on mine...
i heard that u can get away with them from cops...

Why the hell would you want them?

Do you wank at reds?

Or do you just like to be a 1337 rebel?
BTG

dance little monkey...dance.
gwrmarines
I had them on my truck and got pulled over for it on the highway. Got an $80 ticket the wanker could have gave me a warning. He even had a tester for how much light can get through. I think the legal is like 75% mine was like 33%. I peeled them off but i still have it on the back window and i got pulled over about a week ago and the cop didnt say anything.
smokeape
I'm about half drunk all the time and have enough problem driving without tints. Cops will pull me for bump though, so have to watch out and crank down the woofs if I get near them.

:p
[[[smoke]]]

Dirty Vegas - Walk Into the Sun (King Unique Mix)
placebo
Go legal...while it looks cool...my friend had it on his suburban, and you couldn't see out of it at night.

They make those laws for a reason ;)
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by beats and beeps
Why the hell would you want them?

Do you wank at reds?

Or do you just like to be a 1337 rebel?

I can't speak on behalf of you northerners, but windows tints are quite useful if you drive a lot here - my left arm is pathetically more tanned than the rest of my body, for example, reason why I often consider wearing long sleeves no matter how warm the weather is.

I believe this might be his problem, as he lives in Florida.
Orbax
quote:
Originally posted by goodgreef
btw: i work in a tint shop.

whats a pretty girl doing working in a auto tintin place haha
goodgreef
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
whats a pretty girl doing working in a auto tintin place haha
its also a graphics shop :) ..
and it kinda just tickles the right spot with the whole car enthusiast thing and my love for graphic design/photography.

tc-fan
yeah i am in FL...its ing hot
beats and beeps
quote:
Originally posted by tc-fan
yeah i am in FL...its ing hot

haha...sorry, heat and sun never crossed my mind. I live in Vancouver.:p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement