return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Traktor Mixing Problems
View this Thread in Original format
pabo13
OK guys i need help mixing really bad, first i wanna learn how to listen to the mp3s on my headphones, and any skills for mixing, and how to record your sets. thx a lot guys;) ;)
Pabo
A.J.
(1) To listen to the "cued" track in your headphones, you need to have either two outputs from your soundcard, or two soundcards. If you don't have this (like i don't), then you won't be able to listen to the cued track. You will only be able to mix the tracks "live" through the speakers.

(2) There are many tricks that i learnt for Traktor, but that was seriously limited because i couldn't listen to the cued track :p :p :p :p I only mixed using the autosync button and pitch bending :D

Keyboard shortcuts are very useful if you want to mix using the EQs. Click on the "Learn" button in the top left corner to program shortcuts that you want. That's how i mixed - by fading in/out the different frequencies from the tracks using the EQs. You can also make some cool effects using the LOOP function and the FILTER effects. I think that using the channel faders is probably much better than using the crossfader (like on a real mixer), so program some shortcuts on your keyboard to increase/decrease each channel.

(3) To record just push the red RECORD button up the top of Traktor, silly! :D

If you don't know much about mixing and the purpose of DJing and DJing theory, i strongly suggest you visit www.recess.co.uk and apply what you learn to Traktor. It is very useful.

Good luck!
pabo13
Thx A LOTTTTT :eyes: k,iam going to work on that. thx
EcosseDJ
You dont actually need 2 soundcards etc to cue. If you buy an audio splitter, basically it changes the 1 output into audio left and right. Plug the headphones into left, main speakers into the right or vice-versa, whatever traktor is again. Set the programme up to send to these channels and your done. It worked for me.

Chris
stren
quote:
Originally posted by A.J.
(1) To listen to the "cued" track in your headphones, you need to have either two outputs from your soundcard, or two soundcards. If you don't have this (like i don't), then you won't be able to listen to the cued track. You will only be able to mix the tracks "live" through the speakers.

I have 2 soundcards, now i don't know how to set them up in the program: where and how ? and what do i push to listen to a track on my headphones ?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement