return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Mixing
View this Thread in Original format
djdimensions
Srry if this is a repeate.

Have u ever came home tired from work or school and dont want to mix. What other factors can do that to u. Lately ive just not been wanting to mix like once in a while ill mix but just like once a week.
Zild
quote:
Originally posted by djdimensions
Srry if this is a repeate.

Have u ever came home tired from work or school and dont want to mix. What other factors can do that to u. Lately ive just not been wanting to mix like once in a while ill mix but just like once a week.

Go buy some new records. That should straighten you out.
Basstard
mixing is just like sex in that regard. somedays you want it so bad and others your just too tired to do it. you don't know why, you love doing it after all - but you're just too tired to do it. if it happens more than once a week seek help.
Mike Vicious
i have this problem too, maybe its because i have crappy equipment besides my tech's, and my records arent good either
djdimensions
quote:
Originally posted by Zild
Go buy some new records. That should straighten you out.

i think that might solve the problem thnx
dj chex
it's been like that for me too. But lately, people are worried about me b/c the past week i would just go home from work and mess around w/ acid with 3 loops cds i bought, sound forge, and fruityloops and make drum patterns, sample wav files, and other crap to play w/ on SSL. It's hella lotta fun to record the tv and scratch samples and make your own battle records for SSL.

Even though i suck at producing, and skratchin' im having a blast w/ junk i find and record...

Go buy ssl, and start recording crap and scratch it, trust me it's lots of fun!
rafale
2 things make me play 'suckily': not in the mood, and when I don't have new tunes.
muli
meh i only really mix once or twice a week, sometimes i dont mix at all.

Ive been djing for over 3 yrs, so i guess i only DJ when i have new tunes.

PLus i have a heap of other to do which leaves little time for mixing, and when i do have time im usually tired :(
ieko
There are some weeks where I mix everyday, sometimes I only mix once that week, or not at all. Usually because I'm tired, or I just need a break. There is a such thing as too much of a good thing, everyone needs a break now and then, also it gives some rest to your ears, the most valuable part of your hobby or career. :)
i got big pants
Sometimes i'll want to mix all day...and sometimes i wont even touch my tables for weeks.

in my opinion, its lack of new vinyl...after i get a shipment of vinyl from places, i go hardcore. After im used to them, slows down big time

dj chex
more vinyl is always better. It's a never ending addiction.
moondog
i find that i'm just too busy lately to mix, i havent really done so for about 6 weeks:( . Even when i bought my last lot of records, i only went through them once. In between being out of the house working for 12hours a day, eating, showering, visiting family, trying t have a social life, trying to make some extra cash by selling tunes on ebay, i just dont get time:(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement