return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Headphones of Today - which one is best?
View this Thread in Original format
Pasta
Ok, so we seen a few headphone threads lately, asking about which ones are good and what not, but it's all scattered information, so let's get down to business for the people looking to buy new headphones (like myself :p)

Here are the big brand headphones on the market at the moment. Please let us know WHAT YOU USE (if one of them), WHY YOU USE IT, and if you've used many other models listed below, tell us WHY YOU GOT RID OF THEM.

PIONEER HDJ-1000

SENNHEISER HD25

SONY MDR-V700DJ

STANTON PRO 3000

TECHNICS RP-DJ1200

If I missed a model, please post it up! :)
dj chex
Of the phones listed, my vote goes to the hd-25 for sound quality and Technics rp-dj1200 for dj usabliity.

Another good pair i like is the hd-280, but they are big and it's easy to break it's headband.

I just love how the rp-dj1200s feel on my head, and i love it's swivel design. The only things i don't like about it is it's superauriel earcups and it doesn't sound nearly as good as my pair of hd-280s. Other than that, Mine has been beaten for over a year now and it still works as good as the day i got it. That's a big plus for me b/c i seem to break around 1-2 pairs every 6months or so.
Synbios
I personally have those Sony's and would highly recommend them. They are as loud and clear as you would need.
Tegu
hdj1000 all the way
Fire999

I use Technics RP-DJ1200A mainly for a lengthy set. Overall comfort and performance of these headphones is near perfect. No distortions as of yet to either treble or bass. Not too big & bulky compared to the the Sony MDR-V700DJ or Sennheiser HD-280 (both of which I use mainly for indoor usage)

Still waiting for a good deal on the Sennheiser HD-25 which I reckon will rank tops amongst the list you've posted there. (except for no extended corded-wires on the HD-25)
Tegu
once again i'll post this:

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/headphonetest.htm
TranceSpeeder
those stantons look small and confy.
Geoff
i like the sony mdr 7506
dinoXpress
i have the statons and they are great for hesads who are fed up with sonys, but love the shape/design.... me.

quality is better, more lil gadgets, and they look hot. removable corde and L shaped plug. the 2 things that broke first on my sonys.(their straight plug and ty cord)

and they come in a black velvet case.. which is bigger than the plastic bag sony gives u

im using them right now
(A tribe called quest - can i kick it)
hooj1
I'd pick the Senns. But I like my 7506's more.

don_q
The headphones I've had have the same earcup material as it appears on those Techs, and with my sweaty ears it kinda decomposes. Then I have black ty things stuck all over my neck and face. It Sucks!!!!
I want headphones without that problem.

Anybody with that experience?
dinoXpress
i was to buy a different pair, id get the v6 from sony. hardcore headphone. i may still buy a pair
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement